• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Captain America: Civil War

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm surprised that there wasn't at thread about this - who has seen Civil War or is planning to?

The third Captain America movie came out on Friday and as of today (Tuesday) has already past $700M worldwide.

I randomly decided to see it by myself yesterday because I had a day off. I loved it. This was definitely the best Captain America film so far (I loved both 1 and 2), and with its ensemble cast it was an Avengers movie in a lot of ways too. I'll post more detailed thoughts in spoiler tags a little bit later, but I would easily see this movie again - it definitely is much better than Batman v Superman. I'd give it a 9/10.

Powerful

Registered Member
Good, good stuff. It's definitely more of an Avengers/Marvel Universe movie than Captain America, with a lot of fallout from Age of Ultron (most of the plot centers around that) and some stuff that'll have lasting ramifications on the bigger MCU.

Dedman

Registered Member
It was not what I was expecting (I thought it would be closer to the comic book event) but it was still one of the best comic book movies ever made.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I watched it in Imax today. My boyfriend and his friends bought me a ticket, I probably would not have seen it on my own, though. I'm not much of an Avengers fan... I absolutely hated the first movie, but I kinda liked this one. Antman and the new guy who plays Spiderman were both hilarious. I thought this rendition of Peter Parker was incredibly well done. I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Spiderman movie now. Kinda weird how they made Aunt Mae a milf, but whatever.

Also, I was totally Team Stark. Not sayin', just sayin'.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw it opening weekend, and I loved it. Very well done, and followed the comics pretty well, other than...SPOILER ALERT:

Captain America does not die. I thought he would, given the comics, but he did not. I'm glad he didn't, as Chris Evans has done a great job.

Good job with Spiderman, he was awesome. Scarlet Witch was lame in the comics and even more lame in the movies.

Powerful

Registered Member
Good job with Spiderman, he was awesome. Scarlet Witch was lame in the comics and even more lame in the movies.
SpiderMan was genius level movie making. Easy to integrate him into the story. And it was fun without being over the top.

Was it just me, or did they seem to scale down the level of invincibility of Iron Man's suits?

Iris

rainbow 11!
I was really surprised by Spiderman! I loved Andrew Garfield, so I was hesitant going into the movie. I loved it, though. Easily the best Captain America movie so far.

I really wanted to see Black Widow and Scarlet scissor, though.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought he would, given the comics, but he did not. I'm glad he didn't, as Chris Evans has done a great job.
I'm glad too. I thought that was meaningful in the comics and the story that followed was well done, but in the movies Chris Evans is too valuable. His acting as Cap has made the character come alive and become more relatable than ever. I think sometimes totally drastic stuff like that can work well in comics but not in movies. Like for the last year or so, Falcon was the new Cap after Steve was depowered. Now *spoiler alert but not really because they do millions of press releases* Steve is back again. It worked well and was a lot of fun, but in a movie that is a linear two-hour storytelling that kind of stuff might not be taken as well. That being said, I'm sure that Marvel Studios could have pulled it off.

I really wanted to see Black Widow and Scarlet scissor, though.
Maybe in the Black Widow solo movie, @Iris - a guy can dream haha. Did you hear they're going ahead and making that? Should be awesome.

Iris

rainbow 11!
DUDE NO FUCKING WAY! that's awesome, I had no idea. I wonder if it's going to be about her betrayal to Tony in Civil War? I bet there will be some fallout from that. Or maybe it's going to be about her and Banner.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
DUDE NO FUCKING WAY! that's awesome, I had no idea. I wonder if it's going to be about her betrayal to Tony in Civil War? I bet there will be some fallout from that. Or maybe it's going to be about her and Banner.
It's tough to say. They just announced that it would happen so production likely won't start for a while. Because of that I don't think it will be linked to Civil War. I'm guessing they'll want to make it her own thing as much as possible.