Caps Lock Day?

October 22?

Caps lock day?

Serriously?

Am I the last person to find out that on Oct. 22, people are encouaged to be annoying children?

Oh internet...how could you...:shake:

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I thought it was press "Any Key" day. I get annoyed when people type to me in caps lock. I respond back by saying what have I ever done to you?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm in trouble then. I modified my registry to disable the Caps Lock key. :)

It would have to be "Hold down Shift" day for it to effect me. Caps lock is one of the most useful keys on the standard keyboard. That and the "Insert" key.

And does anybody else wish there was a : on the right side of the keyboard? I type in times all the time and that would be so useful. I say split either the + or Enter key in half (on the number pad) and give me a : over there.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I'm in trouble then. I modified my registry to disable the Caps Lock key. :)

It would have to be "Hold down Shift" day for it to effect me. Caps lock is one of the most useful keys on the standard keyboard. That and the "Insert" key.
I disagree. I never use cap locks key. EVER.

Whenever I want to capitalize letters, I do it while holding down shift. I simply don't want to deal with having to remember to unpress something later on (especially for individual words). And I cannot stand people who assume that anytime someone has typed two capital letters in a row that it means caplock was involved. That's stupid. It's insulting to one's intelligence level that they must have had to press a button to keep typing capital letters. No fucking way dude. The people who really MEAN caps and do them with real intent will be dedicated enough to HOLD SHIFT DOWN like they FUCKING MEAN IT!!! Everyone else is just a pretender, and they fuck it up for those of us who's caps actually DO something.

And in case anybody's wondering what's got me so cranky, I wasn't able to post three consecutive letters in caps as the title of a topic this morning because for some reason the forum is programmed to not allow consecutive caps in topic titles.... probably because of the ridiculous assumption that I just discussed.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I meant to say "most useless". Look at the rest of my post. I hate CAPS LOCK as you can tell. ;)

And yes, your assumptions are correct. Although it shouldn't effect 3 letters in a row. I think it's 5 or more that are auto changed to lowercase.
------
EDIT: Now it's 5. It was set to 3. Odd.

Last edited:
I disagree. I never use cap locks key. EVER.

Whenever I want to capitalize letters, I do it while holding down shift. I simply don't want to deal with having to remember to unpress something later on (especially for individual words). And I cannot stand people who assume that anytime someone has typed two capital letters in a row that it means caplock was involved. That's stupid. It's insulting to one's intelligence level that they must have had to press a button to keep typing capital letters. No fucking way dude. The people who really MEAN caps and do them with real intent will be dedicated enough to HOLD SHIFT DOWN like they FUCKING MEAN IT!!! Everyone else is just a pretender, and they fuck it up for those of us who's caps actually DO something.

And in case anybody's wondering what's got me so cranky, I wasn't able to post three consecutive letters in caps as the title of a topic this morning because for some reason the forum is programmed to not allow consecutive caps in topic titles.... probably because of the ridiculous assumption that I just discussed.

Lol, I can see where you come from with this. Its seems sorta lame that you would just kinda type normally if you were angry after pushing the cap lock down.

Im gonna make a computer that knows when your typing really hard and turns cap lock on automaticly.

That would suck. Im not gonna do that. Its stupid

MrPancake13

You, sir, are an ASSHAT!!
October 22?

Caps lock day?

Serriously?

Am I the last person to find out that on Oct. 22, people are encouaged to be annoying children?

Oh internet...how could you...:shake:
the internet has failed me in many ways...

DAMN YOU TEMPORARY INTERNET HISTORY!!!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Im gonna make a computer that knows when your typing really hard and turns cap lock on automaticly.

That would suck. Im not gonna do that. Its stupid
No, I think that's a good idea. In fact don't stop there. Create a system where when you type hard it's in cap locks, if you type harder, the font increases by a step up, then when you jam the buttons harder and harder, the font gets bigger and bolder, and then finally, when you're really REALLY mad to where you're all but pounding the keyboard...... it all turns blood red. :devil:

I meant to say "most useless". Look at the rest of my post. I hate CAPS LOCK as you can tell. ;)
Whoops. Fatal typo.

Last edited: