• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Canucks going forward...

Crypticshock

Registered Member
A lot of rumblings this morning that Trevor Linden is coming in to the fold in Vancouver and Gillis could see the backside of the door. Linden will come in in a Brian Burke kind of role. He will select the next GM and possibly decide the future of Tortorella. Smells like a Kevin Lowe situation ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Canucks announce Mike Gillis has been relieved of his duties.
Might as well post this in here.

Well deserved in my opinion. He really fucked up a good situation in Vancouver. They way he handle the goalie situation was just abysmal.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Gillis has single handedly managed to destroy this team. If someone told me he was bribed to sabotage this franchise I'd almost believe them! Trevor Linden back into the organization would certainly lure back some fans who have jumped off the bandwagon.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
“@StarSports: Canucks hire Trevor Linden to replace Mike Gillis as president http://on.thestar.com/1qrK4Rt #hockey”
Linden is a fan favourite, but is he the right man for the job? The Oilers turned themselves into an 'old boys' club with Lowe, MacTavish X2 etc. It cost them years of development.