• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Canucks/Flames

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thought this deserved it's own thread. I'm sure you all heard or probably seen the fights in that game last night. Torts even tried to go in to the flames locker room during the intermission.

Personally, the blame should solely go on Hartley.

His reasoning in the post game was because the line scored the team's first goal in like five games or somesuch. But in reality, its just a ploy to spark the team and/or take the Canucks off their game early, because in reality the Flames stand little chance against Vancouver if they play it straight. At the very least they try to turn it into some hackneyed rallying point, stemming from an incident in their last meeting.

I know some will disagree, but good on Torts for protecting his team.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Dumb, dumb and stupid.

Torts in the hallway was beyond dumb... no need for that. Say your piece between the benches and in the press conference. No need to make the NHL look like a minor league on national TV like that...

So fucking dumb and stupid.

I thought the blackeye for the league was going to be that Red Wings goal...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope the first question the league asks Torts is what he would have done if he had got in there.

If it was Patrick Roy in the Hartley role they would have had to call in the cops.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The cops? Call in the Canadian Reserves!

This is why NBC was so hesitant over the years to sign a major TV deal. The major US networks do not want to air this stuff on prime time when they could have the other four major sports that... actually play their sport and don't commonly partake in the sideshow bullshit. Old time hockey is old time hockey and the only reason it was accepted was because only a small margin of people watched it. Do you really think the TV networks would be jumping up and down for joy today if Mike Milbury went in the stands and beat a guy with his own shoe? Do you think TV networks want to watch guys use their hockey sticks as swords and battleaxes... leaving players bloodied and full of stitches?

Let's not forget, when old time hockey was old time hockey the boards around the arena was white. No advertising. Do you think Betty Crocker wants to have their product advertised during a med-evil affair?