Can't sleep?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Anybody else get insomnia periodically? Lately I have been trying to go to bed at decent times, but I'm noticing that I can't go to sleep unless I am totally exhausted. So here I am at 3:30 in the morning sitting here trying to burn up the last bit of energy I have for the day.

Gotta love that feeling where you are halfway between awake and asleep, laying in bed tossing and turning and finally thinking to yourself "This is a waste of time. I should get back up for a bit until I am tired."

:sigh:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You didn't play enough poker last night.

I have the same problem. I can't sleep unless I'm completely exhausted. I woke up pretty late today, so I know I won't be able to sleep until at least 2 am tonight, maybe even 3. I also have problems sleeping if it's too hot or if I'm the least bit uncomfortable. My camping trips are always hell. And sometimes I'll have trouble sleeping in a hotel or anywhere other than my own bed if the pillow isn't the way I like it.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I sleep a lot better at hotels for some reason. I'm not sure why. I noticed that I sleep a lot better if it's somewhat cold, like around 50 degrees. Otherwise I just lay there for hours at a time and it's very annoying.

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

For some reason, my body is adjusted to waking up at a certain time. Like I wake up a few minutes before my alarm clock is to go off. I can't remember the last time I heard my alarm clock went off. Maybe I shouldn't set it in the first place. My medication causes drowsiness so that helps me sleep.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Lately I've been sleeping well, but I have problems sleeping when it's too hot, or if I've gotten used to sleeping next to someone and they're gone.

I get panic attacks randomly at night, too, but that hasn't happened for quite some time. They would make me really scared and I couldn't sleep that entire night.

6. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I'm an insomiac myself and I usually have about 4 hours of sleep a night. My body usually wakes up at around 7am and I sleep around 3am. I've been doing it for the majority of my life.

7. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

I usually wake up like one minute before my alarm goes off on school day. Of course on weekends I always sleep in utill someone yells at me.

8. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

I'm lucky if i can get to bed by 3am (local time) during the week, no matter what time i have to wake up... but recently i've been so tired i can't make it through the day without a nap.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I've had insomnia for past two weeks. Seriously, it's been a pain in the ass. Especially when I have school. For two weeks, I've watched over 40 movies between 6pm to early hours of the morning.

10. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If I have trouble falling asleep, it's usually because I am too hot. It happened during finals, when I went to bed at 11:30 in order to get up for my 7:30 am final only to lay in bed and not fall asleep until 5:30ish. Then I was woken up about 10 minutes later when a friend who stayed up all night called the wrong person. Needless to say, I was pissed.