• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can't sleep?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anybody else get insomnia periodically? Lately I have been trying to go to bed at decent times, but I'm noticing that I can't go to sleep unless I am totally exhausted. So here I am at 3:30 in the morning sitting here trying to burn up the last bit of energy I have for the day.

Gotta love that feeling where you are halfway between awake and asleep, laying in bed tossing and turning and finally thinking to yourself "This is a waste of time. I should get back up for a bit until I am tired."

:sigh:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You didn't play enough poker last night.

I have the same problem. I can't sleep unless I'm completely exhausted. I woke up pretty late today, so I know I won't be able to sleep until at least 2 am tonight, maybe even 3. I also have problems sleeping if it's too hot or if I'm the least bit uncomfortable. My camping trips are always hell. And sometimes I'll have trouble sleeping in a hotel or anywhere other than my own bed if the pillow isn't the way I like it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I sleep a lot better at hotels for some reason. I'm not sure why. I noticed that I sleep a lot better if it's somewhat cold, like around 50 degrees. Otherwise I just lay there for hours at a time and it's very annoying.

Dragon

V.I.P.
For some reason, my body is adjusted to waking up at a certain time. Like I wake up a few minutes before my alarm clock is to go off. I can't remember the last time I heard my alarm clock went off. Maybe I shouldn't set it in the first place. My medication causes drowsiness so that helps me sleep.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Lately I've been sleeping well, but I have problems sleeping when it's too hot, or if I've gotten used to sleeping next to someone and they're gone.

I get panic attacks randomly at night, too, but that hasn't happened for quite some time. They would make me really scared and I couldn't sleep that entire night.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I'm an insomiac myself and I usually have about 4 hours of sleep a night. My body usually wakes up at around 7am and I sleep around 3am. I've been doing it for the majority of my life.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
For some reason, my body is adjusted to waking up at a certain time. Like I wake up a few minutes before my alarm clock is to go off. I can't remember the last time I heard my alarm clock went off. Maybe I shouldn't set it in the first place. My medication causes drowsiness so that helps me sleep.
I usually wake up like one minute before my alarm goes off on school day. Of course on weekends I always sleep in utill someone yells at me.

Psyco

Food Whore
I'm lucky if i can get to bed by 3am (local time) during the week, no matter what time i have to wake up... but recently i've been so tired i can't make it through the day without a nap.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've had insomnia for past two weeks. Seriously, it's been a pain in the ass. Especially when I have school. For two weeks, I've watched over 40 movies between 6pm to early hours of the morning.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
If I have trouble falling asleep, it's usually because I am too hot. It happened during finals, when I went to bed at 11:30 in order to get up for my 7:30 am final only to lay in bed and not fall asleep until 5:30ish. Then I was woken up about 10 minutes later when a friend who stayed up all night called the wrong person. Needless to say, I was pissed.