• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can't see new posts

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have a few problems with some threads here.
It's impossible to see the new posts. While I get notified for them, when I go to the thread, new posts don't show. It shows only a few posts[as it if it was the last post/latest reply], and the rest don't appear. :shifteyes:
While through subscriptions and through the "Latest post" table, I know there are added new posts.

:shifteyes:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It can happen when the new posts to the thread were deleted, for whatever reason. I can already think of one thread you're subscribed to but with deleted posts, just coz I saw it recently. :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The posts are not deleted because when I click on "Reply button" the post under the reply box, appear and I can see them. I can also the the new replies that members post to each other.
It's like an ongoing conversation.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Have you tried opening your eyes?

This may be a stupid question but are you clicking on the last page?

Jakey-D

Registered Member
I've experienced this on a few occasions too. I normally just wait till someone else posts in the thread an low and behold, both new posts appear.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Have you tried opening your eyes?

This may be a stupid question but are you clicking on the last page?
of course yes. i've clicked on the last page, also i've tried refreshing the page, when I click through the "Latest post" table it should take me to the first unread reply - instead it takes me to a reply I've already read. [meanwhile, another poster has already posted]. :shifteyes:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I've had that happen to me before, but it's been a while.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The posts are not deleted because when I click on "Reply button" the post under the reply box, appear and I can see them. I can also the the new replies that members post to each other.
It's like an ongoing conversation.

Well there you go, just click on Reply button and you can now see them. :lol:

I have a similar thing happen before, which repeated recently, I couldn't go to the next page. For example, it says page 2 and last poster is X, but each time I click on page 2 it just takes me to same page (1) and so I couldn't see X's post. What I do then is the same thing you do...instead of using quick reply, I click on Reply and then I'm able to read the elusive posts with the others previous replies in the thread under it.

jamesparker100

Registered Member
without wasting time and discussing about the conversation above, i will recommend you to generate a new login and try, i the problem remains the same then do consult with forum authorities. otherwise this happens usually for a while and when you refresh the page everything gets fine.

Regards...

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
It's happened many times. I strongly suspect it's related to the database error messages.