• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can't find button to post attachment

jimgwarb

Registered Member
I'm sorry, I'm new. I want to attach an image and went to FAQ. I was told to click 'attach management' button below the message box. Apart from Smilies, there's nothing. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can anybody help me please?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Hello Jim!

First off, this isn't the right section to post this question, but that's alright. It'll be moved to the proper section by the GD mod. No worries there.

As for posting attachments, its probably a restriction for being too new. Try getting to 15 or more posts and trying your attachments again. The site software likes to make sure you're not a spammer before letting you post links and attachments.

jimgwarb

Registered Member
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I shall have to try and write about something. I'll have a scout around.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
The 'manage attachments' does exist underneath where you see the smileys, but as Smel said, you might be too new to see it. There is an easier way to do it if all you want to do is add a picture though. There's a yellow icon above the textbox that looks like a little picture/mountain scene. Just click that and enter the URL. I didn't think there was a post restriction on doing this, but if there is then I guess this can just be for future reference.

jimgwarb

Registered Member
Bit puzzled about the spamming. If I spam once, then I"m a spammer - end of me. But 15 times?? "Illogical", says Mr Spock.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
What do you mean? The 15 posts thing is to do with making it less likely for spammers to post here. You can't post a link or certain words without it getting flagged to moderators, for example. But once you're passed a certain amount of posts, you're more free to do whatever you want. Hopefully that makes more sense. It's not a big deal because the amount of posts you need to do basic stuff isn't hard to achieve at all.

jimgwarb

Registered Member
If there's a flag here to signify spam, then spam is indicated. So if spam is indicated, then the post should be destroyed and the spammer expelled from the site. There's no need ot wait 15 times because I hate spammers aad once is more than enough.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
If there's a flag here to signify spam, then spam is indicated. So if spam is indicated, then the post should be destroyed and the spammer expelled from the site. There's no need ot wait 15 times because I hate spammers aad once is more than enough.
You misunderstand. The 15 post thing is essentially a barrier; if you have less than 15 posts, you can't do certain things, and certain posts are auto-flagged for moderators to look at. It's not a grace period for spammers.

Falconer

Registered Member
And I remember not having 15 posts and it was the most frustrating thing! :p I think I got up to twenty in the first two days I wsa here (...and have never, ever beaten that since. Slowpoke poster. I need to kick up my game again!).

Derailment aside, Jim, I second all the advice to look around and find threads you're interested in -- knock your posts up to 15 and you'll get a heap more options, attachments almost certainly among them. We have piles and piles of sections for everything under the sun so I bet you can find a few good threads you can add your opinion to. Good luck and have fun! :)

Impact

V.I.P.
I feel like I need to clarify. As soon as a member spams, they will be banned. We don't wait til we get to 15 posts. The 15 post rule is in place for members who join and make a few good posts then get on with the spamming they originally signed up to do. Just makes it a little bit harder for the less determined members to spam. The post that are flagged for mods attention aren't seen by regular members so there's no need to worry about tripping over spam when you're navigating the forum. Occasionally one does get through but these are dealt with pretty quickly.