Can't edit a post

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Millz, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm trying to edit my post on the Backlash thread in the wrestling forum but am unable to do so. The edit option is literally not there. The thread has been stickied so we can post about the PPV up to the event and the matches are announced periodically until the PPV. So im trying to add the new matches announced but cant.

Help?

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I wasn't able to edit posts earlier too...

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

it's possible that you posted too far back to be able to edit it.

I know that after a certain amount of time from the original post you can't edit it anymore you have to make a new one.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Well I posted about a week ago and I couldnt edit something. Not a big deal. But recently it has been lagging heavily when I go to edit something.

5. Millz

Is that normal? That you can't edit a post after a certain amount of time? Seems odd.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's been that way for quite a while. It's mostly a security setting in case somebody gets into another person's account somehow and decides to cause trouble.

If you need something edited you can just ask a mod to do so as well. I think this is only the 2nd time this has been an issue.

7. Millz

Huh, I guess I never had to deal with it before. Because unless it was a thread I needed to constantly update, I wouldnt need to go back and edit something. Oh well haha.