Can't buy a condom if you're under 18?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Doc, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

We were talking about this in chat and I called dibs on the topic for it.

Shyguyjester was telling us that where he lives in Washington that you have to be 18 to buy a condom.

It seems kind of wrong to restrict condom purchases to over-18. Teens are going to have sex. Why should we keep them from having safe sex?

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

here where i life you can buy one for a quarter in almost any public bathroom, no matter what age you are.

3. shyguyjster

shyguyjster Registered Member

...I envy your location

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

They sell them in the bathrooms of gas stations here. For like 50 cents. :3

I think it's pretty illogical to not offer them to all ages.

5. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

no, no you dont.

6. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Yea, once a kid is at the store trying to buy condoms, the decision to have sex has been made. Might was well make sure it's safe.

7. Omega

Omega Ω

It is against the law to have sex if you are under the age of 18 in my state so there for why would you need condoms. Just like they wont sell you a lighter unless your 18 because you can't smoke untill your 18. Sometimes they will if you have a good legal reason.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I can see the logic behind this, sure. Teen pregnancy and STD's are so fashionable these days, why the heck would would we want kids getting their hands on condoms before the age of 18?
    A rousing round of applause for the state of Washington.

9. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

underage sex is GOING to happen. why not give let them have safe sex? its already a traumatic enough experience to have to buy them [[ from what ive heard haha. ive never tried. ]], why make it more awkward by having to prove that you are 18?
    safe sex should not be prevented - age of consent law or not.

oh and by the way: you CAN buy a lighter under 18; you just can't buy cigarettes.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Why buy them when Planned Parenthood will give you a trash bag full for free. Just walk in and say you are having unprotected sex and they freak out! We used to do that when I was in high school. They'd hook you up with some fun stuff to! Flavored ones, glow in the dark, you name it.