Canned Support Response Emails

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does it bug you when you take time to write up a thought out question or suggestion and you get a canned response back from a system that obviously just filtered your email for keywords and then spat something back at you?

Man this bugs me. Happened twice recently. I typed up a really long email in one case, expressing my concern about an issue, and the other one was a shorter yet still somewhat lengthy question.

Both times I got back a "Thanks for your email. Please see this link on your FAQ page". Interestingly enough BOTH times the FAQ link was completely unrelated.

I'm not stupid. I know how to look up FAQ items. In fact I did so in both cases PRIOR to sending my email. I replied back to both of these and said "Thanks for actually reading my email. I spent some time on this. Hopefully you can show me the same courtesy and re-read my original question and get back to me with a real response."

I haven't heard back from either yet... :shake:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I hate that so much. I have gotten a few of those in the past few days.
It ticks me off to no end when you get the auto response and it does not even come close to answering my questions or concerns.

Companies like to take our money but the sure as hell don't like answering any of our questions.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You know it's not just emails. People who work in call centers often have scripts, a ready made response for common problems. I don't like it when I call and I get those responses. It's bad enough that they have automated responses "if you're having problem with x, then click on 1" (and 1 will read to you what you should do) but when I specifically ask to talk to a customer service person, it means my problem isn't something that can be addressed by those (or FAQ type replies). I can sense when the one I'm talking to is replying from the script and I go "I'm not sure you're really listening." :lol:

Bananas

Endangered Species
Does it bug you when you take time to write up a thought out question or suggestion and you get a canned response back from a system that obviously just filtered your email for keywords and then spat something back at you?
Yes it does, I recently had problems with my xbox and had to deal with there automated system, it was terrible, I did not have contact with a real person for days.:mad:

Im actually looking for a new mobile phone and on top of all the tariffs and deals Im using customer support as a yard-stick.
Ive been to all the websites and asked the exact same question on each. I had a reply from a real person within the hour from the one company so Im more inclined to go with them. One company has not even bothered replying, even an automated system is better than that:stare:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
This really bugs me aswell.

I once wrote out a long e-mail expressing that I needed help with a particular thing and I just got some stupid canned E-mail back, bascially saying the same thing - to look at the FAQ's. Just bugs the hell outta me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Whenever I sent messages to MTS (phone company in manitoba), i'd get back these emails telling me to go the related pages on the website. It always made me angry because obviously I tried those pages and it didn't help me at all, so hence the message sending GRRR.