• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Canceled Travel Plans due to COVID-19

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, I get that. It's a pain balancing vacation days and funding with where you want to travel. I would make sure you give yourself a quiet day the first day to get used to the jetlag although may not be as bad from the states as it is when I go home from the UK as less of a time difference.

I'll definitely be able to come up with some suggestions and a heads up on some of the major differences in culture, language, etc

P.s. they drive on the other side of the road and get really annoyed at tourists who seems to forget that. Happens more often than you'd think
I had heard that, haha. Lots of people hate Americans as many are ignorant and do not understand even the basic cultural differences in other countries.

The thing is even if they open the borders, some countries have a 14 day mandatory quarantine for those coming from other countries - that uses up all my free days for holidays haha.
And it's for that reason that I have no intention of doing any type of international travel in the near future. Until that is lifted 100%, there's simply no way I can afford it. A lot of stuff I'd want to see in basically any country is closed anyway. The two week quarantine basically means that if you aren't there for critical business, you shouldn't be there. There's also a two week quarantine when you return to your home country (for most of us anyway)

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I pulled the plug on my x-country trip and will be doing the FL keys instead. Los Angeles announced they will be in lockdown all summer and that's a major stop we wanted. FL Keys will be amazing!

So, sorry @dDave, maybe I'll run through your town sometime later.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only had to cancel one. Me, my fiancée and another married couple were supposed to go to this pretty big amusement park near Toronto for the weekend this month, but we canceled. Not a big loss, IMO. Not the biggest fan of amusement parks.

dDave

V.I.P.
I pulled the plug on my x-country trip and will be doing the FL keys instead. Los Angeles announced they will be in lockdown all summer and that's a major stop we wanted. FL Keys will be amazing!

So, sorry @dDave, maybe I'll run through your town sometime later.
That’s ok! It’s total madness, unrealistic, and insane that they’re closing for 3 months. The Dems are undeservedly punishing the general populace at this point.