Canasta

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its a pretty fun multiplayer game that we always get rollin when my Aunt from Virginia comes around.

Break out 3 decks of cards and we play a 6-way game that usually lasts pretty long. Its good fun, heres the Wiki on it for anyone who isnt familiar:

Canasta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So anyone of you ever get a game of Canasta going with friends or family? Do you have a strategy?

dragonlover

Registered Member
I used to love that game. Would corner people to play against me every chance I could. Haven't played in years though as noone knows how to play it. I've tried teaching some people but either they are daft or I don't explain it properly..I think its me but I won't admit that to them

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats what I've noticed about the card games... I know so many of them but I play so rarely that it takes me a stupid amount of time to remember how!

But yeah definitely a great game, we're trying to find a way to make a 5 person version, lol it'd be easier if we just had 1 more to make it 6... but alas we dont.

I used to love Canasta so much. I still play it every once in a while, just not a lot of people to play with. I hop on Yahoo and play occasionally but yeah I love Canasta.

JypsyJesska

Registered Member
I still dong get how to play that game i know ice's has tried to show me how to play it a couple times, i just don't get it still lol.

Break out 3 decks of cards and we play a 6-way game ???

I always thought you needed 1 deck more than the number of people playing the game ??

I must have been taught a different version than the way it is supposed to be played ??