Canadiens vs Rangers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just wanted to make a thread about my boys the Canadiens. They played the Rangers last night, and for the first two periods they pretty much got dominated. The Rangers at one point were leading the game 5-0. But the Habs didn't give up and scored two goals in the second period to cut the lead to 5-2. Then they just tore it up in the third period scoring three more goals to tie the game. I was so proud of them for coming back. Then the game went to overtime which made me happy because they didn't deserve one point at first. Overtime didn't settle anything, so they went to a shootout, then Koivu scored the winner and Montreal won the game 6-5.

Man I was so happy we wont that game, because at first we didn't deserve it at all. But they kept battling and we ended up with two points.

Unfourtunately the Sens won their game as well, so were still tied with them for first place in the Eastern Conference.

Turbo

Registered Member
I KNEW you'd make this thread, lol.

That was an intense game, playoff quality. I truly thought that my Rangers had it locked down in the third but then we just got sloppy. Plus the penalty that Malik took in the defensive zone that resulted in the tying goal was not necessary. Bad penalty that put the nail in the coffin of a game that started out as a guaranteed 2 points.

Just remember, we won the season series 3-1.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I know you guys killed us this season, but the last few games were playoff atmosphere games, this is getting to be a good rivalry, I would love to play the Rangers in the playoffs because it would be such a good series.

I needed to make a thread for last nights game, it was the best of the season, not the first two periods but the end was amazing. But Avery is really pissing off, I know he's a pest and it's job but I really wanted Komisarek to kick his ass last night, but he back away. I guess he saw what he did to Dubinski so he didn't want any piece of Komisarek.

Turbo

Registered Member
Dude half your guys were playing nasty, just hitting everything. Avery and Dubinsky were just fighting back.

These two teams are turning into a great rivalry and i hope we meet again in the playoffs, especially since we did win 3 of the 4 regular season games.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry but I totally disagree with you, their was so many bad calls against the Canadiens in that game, especially on Komisarek, he had a clean hit, and they called a roughing penalty on him, which was total none sence. Avery is just a pest and deserved to get his butt kicked by Komisarek that game, but he skated away.

With that being said, it was a great game, and it looks like this is going to be a great rivalry during the next few seasons.

Turbo

Registered Member
I agree there were bad calls but with some of your guys hitting any player that moved didn't help. Also, the fans booing for a penalty every time a Canadien player fell was nuts, which is partly why the Habs got screwed on calls.

All that said, this is surely becoming a great rivalry. I might go to a those games next season at MSG.