• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Canadian Show - Just for Laughs

yooperchick

Registered Member
Not sure if anyone else has seen this show, but I find it friggin hilarious. It's on the Canadian channel CBC. Anyways, they play pranks on people and there is no sound, just music. It is so simple, yet so darn funny. One show, they had a guy posed as a police officer writing people tickets and hitting on them. Other times they scare people with fake squirrels and stuff. I guess you really have to see it, but I think it is a great show.

Where I am, it was just ended at 6pm ET.
 

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Did you realize you have over 40 posts already today? You have several posts every hour going back to like 6am. I think you're trying a little too hard.
 

Gamechamp

Registered Member
It's a good show. I remember one time where a police officer would pull people over, talk to them a little, then their partner would come over and bring him back to the squad car worried. He's tell him something and they both freak out, acting as if the pulled over person is some really dangerous person and cowering in fear, while handing over their wallets.
 

Wrecked

Registered Member
i don't get canadian and british humor. it's just not funny to me.

but there was some infomercial for a video they were trying to sell on tv from canada that i thought was kinda funny. it was all little tricks and pranks, one in which a little kid would goto the public restroom and stand at the urinal, when someone else used the one next to him, he would pretend to pee and would pee on their shoe. one of the times he did it, it was another kid and caught him and they started tugging at each other, one starts to run away so the other one follows and slips and falls.

the bathroom floor in the mens rooms is the last place you'd like to sleep/lay on.
 

yooperchick

Registered Member
I agree about the British humour. It is different from what we are used to here in the States. Some of it is funny though.

On Just for Laughs, one time this guy was in a park with an obviously fake gun and was shooting up in a tree. A fake big bird fell down right in front of people and just to see their faces was hilarious. Just the classic, what the??? look.

If they tried doing some of the things they do here in the states, I can see them getting sued by someone. Some of the pranks are pretty brave.
 

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I actually like British humour. I love Mr. Bean, Red Dwarf, and canandian humour is great when you throw The Red Green show into the mix.

Sean of the Dead was a pretty good movie. I would say that Eurpoean commercials are alot better than the US commercials. But the Japanese have some pretty zany stuff too.
 

Gamechamp

Registered Member
You know what? I've enver seen a difference between British humor and American humor. The only time I know that it's not American humor is when somebody tells me, and then I still don't see the difference. They're jokes, you laugh at them or you don't, what's with all the classifications?
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
Not sure if anyone else has seen this show, but I find it friggin hilarious. It's on the Canadian channel CBC. Anyways, they play pranks on people and there is no sound, just music. It is so simple, yet so darn funny. One show, they had a guy posed as a police officer writing people tickets and hitting on them. Other times they scare people with fake squirrels and stuff. I guess you really have to see it, but I think it is a great show.
Sounds like that one show on comedy central called "Trigger Happy TV". I never really got into those shows. They were kind of interesting to watch in a sorta "I'll check it out a little" sense but I never took to well to the style. Trigger Happy TV in particular has this very low and lathargic feel to it. Can't stand too much of it.

Buckeye101 said:
Did you realize you have over 40 posts already today? You have several posts every hour going back to like 6am. I think you're trying a little too hard.
HAHA echoes, you sound like a stalker :lol:

And actually, this particular post was good. Not that spammish at all.
 

yooperchick

Registered Member
00vega said:
Sounds like that one show on comedy central called "Trigger Happy TV". I never really got into those shows. They were kind of interesting to watch in a sorta "I'll check it out a little" sense but I never took to well to the style. Trigger Happy TV in particular has this very low and lathargic feel to it. Can't stand too much of it.
I haven't seen Trigger Happy. I wouldn't say JFL is that slow. Without the sound, it leaves more to your imagination as to what the people are saying. I think partly they keep the sound off cause I think they may film some of it in Quebec. It's a good production decision really, cause then they wouldn't have to translate French into English and they would save on that cost. Not to mention the mikes and the sound mixing involved with including actual audio.
 

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Oh the sound couldn't be THAT tremendously big of a problem. Punk'd films with the same environmental setup and they pull it off perfectly. And translation could be solved just by superimposing a few subtitles at the bottom of the screen later on.
 
Top