Canadian Rap

Discussion in 'Music' started by Izo, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Izo

Izo Guest

what it is yall.....check out my myspace and lemme know what u think of the tracks

myspace.com/novaprospektz

myspace.com/izonovaprospektz

respect...

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Does "respect" mean I have to say I like it? Or does it mean I have to actually listen to it before I say how bad it is...?

Here's a hint to start with... it's on a myspace: automatically loses lots of credibility.

I'll listen later, when I'm not tired and grumpy. YARRRR!

3. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

ummmm first:

1. You guys dont look like rappers, u look like those punks in the club bout to get jumped, that likes punk rock

2. you guys dont sound like rappers much

3. lyrics not very good, the flow aint good either

4. ya structure cant be identified

ya gotta work on the last two, cuz looks and sounds arent everything, work on the beats too and u got some of my respect, and dont rap like those mainstreamers

4. Izo

Izo Guest

iight theres a difference between feedback and straight up hatin. If u dont like it, fine thats cool with me, i'm willing to take constructive criticism. but to say my structure can't be identified? and that i dont sound like a rapper? Flow isnt good? Lyrics arent good? what else is there to it besides that. Basicly ur insulting me saying that no part of it is even decent. I think you need to check it again cousin. As far as "looking like a rapper" I think you need to get the stereotypes outta your head and stop being brainwashed as to what a rapper "looks" like. Apparently we look like "punks that get jumped in clubs" that like "punk rock" lol I find it hard to take you seriously with comments like that. Honestly....Check the myspace again.....by the way, every famous rapper in Canada has a myspace....its HUGE when it comes to networking, by no means does it lower credibility. Go to the stores and look at Littles, Aristo, the offense, check out their albums, the myspace addresses are on every single one of them. On the posters for shows, you see their myspaces, all over the place. You watch "hold it down" which is a video compiled of Canada's hottest rappers, they give you their myspace address. You are a hater

5. Izo

Izo Guest

also, youre name says that youre a rapper. I would like to hear some of your shit if you dont mind. Also i challenge you to an audio battle.

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Learn to take some criticism... he thinks your structure, flow, lyrics aren't good, and that's all there is to it? Maybe he thinks you suck. That doesn't make him a hater, it makes you a shitty rapper. He gave clear and obvious reasons for why your stuff needs work, he's got reasons for why you're not very good... that IS constructive criticism. Constructive criticism isn't having people suck your dick by telling you it's good when it's actually not. Here's a second source agreeing with his feedback too, so he's not even just a lone person thinking that way...

As for your look? I think you seriously look like you're about to get the shit kicked out of you. In your graphics, one of you looks like he's maybe 15 years old, one looks like he's got a stick up his ass, and one looks like he's just some random dude who happens to be walking through the picture. Looks aren't everything, but they do count for something.

I severely doubt every famous rapper in Canada has a myspace. Additionally, even if EVERY famous rapper in Canada has one, I imagine many of them also have real webspace as well... myspace may be great for networking, but in terms of showing professionalism it's really a big tipoff that your group is desperate for attention.

You might have something started, but I think you have a long ways to go before you're worthwhile as anything serious.

Heheh, I hope this audio battle goes through, would be funny!

7. Veloci-T

almost forgot bout this shit, i didnt even record my shit yet, and i wont until i can download my software which i cant :p, ull have to wait, and yes, having a myspace music accnt will lose ur credibility sometimes, the only other canadian rapper i know that has a myspace is Chuckie Akenz, and to me, i dont like him no more cuz he wanna act like hes black by sayin the "N" word

thats why i abandoned my myspace, but if i have to promote my music wen it gets released, i will have to use my myspace, but then, i wouldnt have to cuz i got some back up friends who could advertise, i got everything ready for the debut album and advertising and all that shit, except for the software...and my side project, Hood G 7, is a new rap group im makin that needs 4 more ppl and i would need ur help sometime or annother, or a collab, but anyway:

i did do constructive critisism and u think im hatin on u cuz i said that stuff bout u, and maybe i do kinda hate u becuz u hate tupac :p but that doesnt matter

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

What software is it?

9. Veloci-T

its either audacity or acoustica, but i havent used acoustica before, and Fruity Loops to produce music

10. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Audacity is free, and I can send you Fruity Loops if you want... I'm looking foreward to seeing a battle.