Canadian Public Service Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Jul 18, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Any of you ever heard of the WSIB WSIB Public Service Announcements? They will make you think twice about your working conditions thats for damn sure. Any of you Canadian members can probably vouch for me, I talked to a friend from Saskabrush, Saskatchewan and he says they do in fact play these on standard Television over there, just after 9pm.

Could you imagine these kind of PSA's on US Soil?

CAUTION! Very Graphic Video's I can not stress how Graphic these videos seriously are!!!!!!!! as they say Viewer Discretion is advised!

YouTube - Prevent-It.ca (All 5 clips)

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think these types of videos are very important to show people. I know people who have been hurt (in some cases life altering injuries) on the job due to things being overlooked during an inspection or just ignored or not dealt with. :(

3. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Okay, what the fuck, Canada? None of them really made me cringe as much as the first one, but I suppose that's because it hit closer to home than the others. Either way, those are ridiculously graphic and it's a scare tactic over anything else, but it may be for the best. I don't know, outside the restaurant I've never really had any of those types of jobs (I don't do manual labor).

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it's good to show these though. People get hurt or killed on the job every day because others are too lazy or cheap to make sure safety is a priority.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I saw those on List of the Day. Terribly disturbing, but I like the message. I think the word accident implies that it couldn't be prevented, especially when you're talking about traffic "accidents" - in most cases it wasn't accidental at all, it was driver error.

6. J-Bird

J-Bird New Member

Well, it certainly gets the message across. You weren't lying when you said it was graphic, lol.

I think these types of videos would do well in America, scare tactic or not. Thanks for the video. :)