Canadian Band: The Guess Who

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Time for another one of these. This time, I'm presenting a band that some of the older people might know a bit about. No, it's not The Who, it's The Guess Who.

They started in 1965, meaning they have been around for quite some time. They've had a lot of different members through out the years.

Here are some hit songs that I really like from this great band.

YouTube - The Guess Who - These Eyes (1969)
    YouTube - The Guess Who-American Woman lyrics
    YouTube - No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature By The Guess Who
    YouTube - The Guess Who - No Time
    YouTube - The Guess Who - Laughing
    YouTube - The Guess Who - Share The Land

Those are by far my favorite songs from this great Canadian band. Hopefully you enjoy them just as much as I do.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I love every one of those songs and have since I was little. I even bought the 45 of "No Sugar Tonight" at a church rummage sale, lol.

I don't think I ever enjoyed it then as much as I am right now, though. Thanks for posting.

Do you like the band America? Something tells me they aren't from Canada, but they had a similar audience when they did songs like the two below, represented by a couple of good live clips that I think you might like. I hope it isn't too much of a hijack!

YouTube - America Sister Golden Hair

YouTube - America - Lonely People

3. Babe_Ruth

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Yeah, those are good songs. And how ballsy was it back then to give a song the same title, "I Need You," as an iconic Beatles tune from a few years before? You would have to believe in your output.

There's one more band that The Guess Who sort of remind me of, BR. With your appreciation of music apparently equal to your knowledge of sports, would it be a bad guess to say that you're a CCR fan?

5. Babe_Ruth

You know me to well Tucker. CCR are one of my favorite bands actually. I love their style. John and Tom Fogerty were brilliant. They weren't together for a very long time, but did made an impact on the music industry. They were formed in 67, and till this day their music are still on the radio.

Here are some of my favorites:

-Have you seen the rain
    -Bad Moon Rising
    -Fortunate Song
    -Down on the Corner
    -Green River
    -Up around the Bend
    -Midnight Special

I also love some of John Forgerty solo stuff, favorite being Centerfield. I don't think I have to give a reason because of it :D

6. Eraserhead

Eraserhead Registered Member

The Guess Who are pretty cool. I saw them live at the Toronto SARS Benefit concert and they were much heavier live than on album.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Undun is my favorite Guess Who Song.