Canada vs Russia

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by andrew_bishop, Sep 4, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Part One

Okay im not here to talk about the Super Series between the young guns for anybody who thinks thats what it is.

Me and my friends had a talk last night about how we thought that the Senior teams from each nation should have been in the super series to make it atleast somewhat fair. I mean the Junior Canadian team is owning the Russian team. But what would you think if it was the national mens team from each nation?

I think that we would see a more rough and physical series that would show the passion and the grit of the NHLers. Don't get me wrong the juniors are doing a great job but I think the seniors could do a better job.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part Two

What do you think the rosters for each team would look like if we had the super series fought between the national teams?

I think the Canadian team would have to look something like this:
    Forwards : Joe Thornton , Sidney Crosby , Shane Doan , Simon Gagne , Martin St. Louis , Vincent Lecavalier , Rick Nash , Jarome Iginla , Joe Sakic , Kris Draper , Dany Heatley , Brad Richards , Ryan Smyth , Eric Stall , Jason Spezza
    Defensemen: Dion Phaneuf , Bryan McCabe , Robyn Regehr , Scott Niedermayer , Jay Bouwmeester , Chris Pronger , Rob Blake , Dan Boyle
    Goalies: Martin Brodeur , Roberto Loungo , Marty Turco
    Coaches: Pat Quinn , Andy Murray , Brent Sutter

While the Russians would look like:
    Forwards: Alex Ovechkin , Alexi Yashin , Alexi Kovalev , Ilya Kovalchuk , Pavel Datsuyk , Viktor Kozolov , Alex Frolov , Maxim Afinogenov , Alex Zhamnov , Alexi Cherapanov , Evgeni Malkin
    Defensemen: Sergi Gonchar , Darius Kasparitis , Fedor Tuyin , Danny Markov , Alex Zhitnik , Anton Volchankov , Ivan Vishnevsky
    Goalies: Ilya Bryzgalov , Nikolai Khabibulian , Evgeni Nabakov
    Coaches: Vyacheslav Bykov , Andrei Pyatanov , Vsevolod Elfimov
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part Three

Which do you find would be the better series?

I think that the senior national teams would put on a more physical and talent filled series because of the experience of all the players and the level of play that they have come to play at over their years in the NHL. However I do also state that the younger stars are better as far as speed go IMO because of their youth and of the fact that they have a lot to prove to the NHLers watching these games.

2. canada will own, always, oh and yes im a bit biased, canada hockey is the best EVER

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

That's not biased. That's a fact lol.

Canada hockey basically dominates the main tournaments now except for last year we sucked really with the olympics , world championships and Spengler cups but the world juniors like usual we tore up. The future looks so bright for the Canadian hockey program.