• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Canada Freedom Convoy

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Same here. I didn't expect to see Canadians do this, they as a country don't value freedom as much as others so, so I was pleasantly surprised.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The guy is a major douche. He’s the epitome of a beta male, incredibly weak.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Nothing like being called a racist, with no evidence obviously, by a guy who’s dressed up in black face. Trudeau is not just a douche, but a disgusting human being.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
This convoy was a stupid waste of time. Trudeaus an idiot but this convoy was started about getting back freedoms they havent even lost, and it grew into the pointless crybaby tantrum it is today. Theyre not going to lift the mandates because of the convoy. The mandates are already loosening on their own as the virus dies out. Even in winnipeg as the vaccinated percentage goes up, and the new infections level off, theyre already lifting and loosening any restrictions they had. Anytime the numbers lessen, the restrictions loosen. With the vaccines, and the less serious (just more transmissable) variant omicron having made so many more catch it, im optimistic for a normal summer (save for the crazy climate change caused freak weather). Ironically the convoy started in the west where restrictions arent even that bad. West canada is sparesly populated until you get to the coast again and as such, the small communities have different needs and wants than eastern canada, like toronto etc, which skews politics because a majority of the population is in toronto and so ontario and quebec basically decide elections. Central and western provinces never feel represented by the current government. But yah, the presence of nazis and white supremacist hate groups at the "protest" pretty much deligatimized any message the convoy was trying to share. The sheer number of idiot signs and people who dont know their butthole from their peehole trying to talk science. The fact that the organizers all have ties or or are straight up involved in hate groups, etc. The convoy is just dumb. None of the restrictions are restricting if youre vaccinated. Hell even if youre not, it just means no concerts, going to the bar, or a few other public events. You can still grocery shop, by beer at the beer store, etc. Hell, the isolation period for omicron now is only 5 days instead of two weeks now too. What restrictions are so horrible they need to completely disrupt the countries chain of supply? Fucked with my work, we were on a good roll, hitting deadlines and now parts shortages cause of this karenvoy. Just seems like a huge over reaction from people who told those that merely wanted to follow simple guidelines to stem them pandemic that THEY were over reacting. My reaction was to put on a mask and continue my life as normal. Theyres was to pitch a fit. Who over reacted?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
LMAO!!!!! Referring to them as Nazi's and White Supremacists shows just how dumbed down our society has become. Wow, you can't go to concerts or restaurants but hey, you can still grocery shop!! How awesome!!

It's incredible how people so willingly accept an infringement on freedom. We descended from people that lived in caves and had to hunt animals to survive, and have become a society of weak crybabies who accept the government telling them what they can or can't do. How pathetic.

Spence_aka_MiT

Registered Member
LMAO!!!!! Referring to them as Nazi's and White Supremacists shows just how dumbed down our society has become. Wow, you can't go to concerts or restaurants but hey, you can still grocery shop!! How awesome!!

It's incredible how people so willingly accept an infringement on freedom. We descended from people that lived in caves and had to hunt animals to survive, and have become a society of weak crybabies who accept the government telling them what they can or can't do. How pathetic.
Somewhere in Canada, I can’t remember, the unvaxxed are allowed in Walmart but an employee walks with them to be sure they only get essential items. Freedom.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Somewhere in Canada, I can’t remember, the unvaxxed are allowed in Walmart but an employee walks with them to be sure they only get essential items. Freedom.
But hey! At least they get to shop, right? What's the big deal? They can still buy essentially items, who are we to expect anything more than that?

"Just do what you are told, peasant".

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The people wanting others to show proof of their vax status to work, go to a restaurant, go to a concert, in other words, for them to be free, calling those who want freedom Nazi’s is a level of irony and stupidity that is unparalleled. People have gone full retard.