• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can you workout for 7 mins. a day and lose weight?

Carmelita

Registered Member
According to a new fitness guru, Joel Therien, you can. He says that you can workout 7 minutes a day, 3 days a week and get into the best shape of your life simply by exercising your muscles to temporary failure each time you lift. Does anyone know anything about this and is it true?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Start watching from eight minutes:

There is some swearing by the way.

That's how I feel.

Carmelita

Registered Member
I lifted weights in college just for the PE credit. It really shaped me nicely, but we worked out 3 times a week about an hour at a time. There was no 7 min. sets in there. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
In all honesty, I think weight loss has more to do with your diet than how much you work out. Exercise is great for maintaining fitness and toning up, but you can't outrun or out lift the calories you eat.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
You should read the 4 Hour Body. And all other books by Tim Ferris.

The Perfect Posterior: Kettlebell Swings and Cheap Alternatives
"In The 4-Hour Body, I profiled Tracy R., a mother of two who lost more than 100 pounds.
The secret wasn’t marathon aerobics sessions, nor was it severe caloric restriction. It was the Russian kettlebell swing, twice a week for an average of 15–20 minutes. Her peak session length was 35 minutes."

That's pretty close to what you described.

Keri35

Registered Member
I doubt it but I haven't tried it so I don't know. It sure sounds very unrealistic though. Heck I'd work out every day for 7 minutes if I would be in the best shape of my life.

Carmelita

Registered Member
I doubt it but I haven't tried it so I don't know. It sure sounds very unrealistic though. Heck I'd work out every day for 7 minutes if I would be in the best shape of my life.
Joel says that you only have to workout for 7 minutes for 3 days a week. Just take your lifts to muscle exhaustion every set. In other words, until you can't lift that weight again. You have to destroy it to build it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Joel says that you only have to workout for 7 minutes for 3 days a week. Just take your lifts to muscle exhaustion every set. In other words, until you can't lift that weight again. You have to destroy it to build it.
Who’s Joel?

Do you have a video of him saying this, or a link? Not that I do not believe you, just curious.

Interis

Registered Member
I'm using a workout training application called Seven, which includes 7 minutes workout session every day. No sessions of lifting, though. I have only started for a few days, so there is no change yet. I'm also trying to control my diet (which is very hard because I absolutely love eating). I don't think any exercise will be successful without a good diet plan unless you do rigorous training.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Eh, I don't know. It feels like a slightly outrageous claim to me. I'm biased though because I googled Joel and looked at the site and it just looks scammy, so I'm just immediately untrusting. And like Interis said, so much of losing weight is based on your diet.