• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can you solve a Rubix Cube?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a Rubix Cube somewhere around here and when I find it I think I am going to try to solve it.

I am usually pretty good at things like that but I never seriously attempted to do one. Has anyone here ever done one?

carebear

Registered Member
I got close once, but I gave up and haven' tried it in years. Will Smith's character on "Pursuit of Happyness" (based on a true story) solves it.

Have you seen the tourney were people can do it blindfolded?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I saw that movie recently which is what reminded me that I should go for it again. :)

It's a very impressive talent to have and I want it. :D

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Will Smith can really solve a Rubix cube.
I don't know if Will Smith can, but the character that he played in a movie was able to. The movie was based on real-life called "The Pursuit of Happiness".

I know I can't do it. I have tried before, but I got frustrated. I am very patient solving puzzles, but after a couple of hours of no progress I usually just get too frustrated and don't ever try again.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually it was "The Pursuit of Hapyness". (Spelled wrong on purpose as explained in the movie and probably the book as well)

I like puzzles that require a lot of thought. I have seen some videos of people who do Rubix Cubes in just a few seconds. I guess once you have the patterns down you can do it really quickly. It's definitely a hard puzzle though because you have to think three dimensionally when doing it and keep track of six sides.

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
I had a mini one that was on a key chain. I hope hope I can get another one again or a normal size one.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey if you didn't know, that guy sitting next to Will Smith is the real Chris Gardner that Will Smith played in the movie.

Christopher Gardner Official Site

That's his site and apparently he can do a Rubix Cube also. :)

Phoenix

Fee-nix
I can. It's not hard once you understand the nature of a rubix cube... you just have to play with it a bit and experiment.