• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can you ride a bike/skate?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know a lot of people might think everyone should be able to ride a bike but I have a few friends who were never given a bike as a child and so never learned how to ride one. They are too embarrassed to do so now so they probably never will ride one.
Oh and I am talking bicycles, not motorbikes lol.

I can ride a bike but I don't currently have one. I might get one at some point this year. I used to love riding my bike when I was a kid.
I remember the first time my parents got me one for Christmas. My dad started riding it! It was so funny as it was such a little bike and I remember screaming at him to come back. So yes, my dad taught me.

And how about skating? Did/do you own roller skates or roller blades?

I could never get the hang of roller blades but I used to love my skates. My friend and I would pretend we were famous ice skaters. He had blades, though. I remember getting bored of skating pretty quickly and went back to my original love, my Raleigh.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I used to be able to rollerblade like a mad person, I was so good at it but that was when I was younger. I outgrew my roller blades then just never bought more.

I can ride a bike.

I can skateboard a bit, but I kept breaking bones doing that so I stopped.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I can ride a bike, I used to love going mountain biking on the weekends with friends but after my bike was stolen about a year ago I am yet to replace it due to a lack of funds. I used to be able to roller blade and was oka-ish at skateboarding but I never did mange to drop into a bowl as I was just to terrified.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I know a lot of people might think everyone should be able to ride a bike but I have a few friends who were never given a bike as a child and so never learned how to ride one. They are too embarrassed to do so now so they probably never will ride one.
Oh and I am talking bicycles, not motorbikes lol.
Same here, I know a surprising amount of people who can't ride a bike. I suppose it's just like swimming; you usually either learn from a young age, or you don't at all. Obviously with exceptions.

I learnt to ride a bike as a kid, it's one of the first experiences I remember quite well. One incident was when I crashed into a bin after getting my stabilizers off, and another was when the bike made a huge scratch/cut up my leg, which I didn't notice for a while and then bawled my eyes out when it was pointed out to me.

The last time I rode a bike was probably last year sometime, and I was drunk, haha. I came home from a night out and got my mum's bike out of the garden shed and went for a nice little ride down the road and back. No idea why, random as hell. :hah:

And how about skating? Did/do you own roller skates or roller blades?
I suck at skating and roller blading, though I used to like doing the latter occasionally. There was a stage in life where everyone was going either swimming or roller blading for their birthday party. I usually preferred blading, despite being a much better swimming.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do know how to ride a bike, I was taught at a very young age how to ride one, that said I hate riding bikes.

I can skate but not really well. I know it's surprising since I'm Canadian, but I rarely skate, which is a shame because I don't mind it when I do it. The biggest thing is that I cannot stop on skates, which is a big turn off for me.

I only skated once this year.

Impact

V.I.P.
I find it weird that people don't know how to ride a bike. One of the first memories I have as a kid is learning how to ride. Probably because it was a bad memory, I made it all the way to the bottom of our drive way, turned onto the grass and landed on a huge thistle and got prickles stuck in my butt. :(

As for skating...I went rollerskating maybe twice and I was actually pretty good at it. Surprising for my lack of co-ordination.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I learned to ride a bike when I was really young. I remember I used to take old baseball cards and put them in the spokes so it would sound like a "motor." I haven't rode a bike in years. My Mom and Dad go bike riding almost every Saturday to keep in shape. I could see myself doing that one day as well.

As far as skating I am a very good skater, well, at least I was. My favorite sport the majority of my childhood was hockey so my brother and I skated all the time. Then I joined a roller hockey team which was a lot of fun.

Ice skating I am less good but I think it is something I could pick right back up on even though I haven't been ice skating in years either.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Yes I learned how to ride a bike very early on. I think my training wheels came off when I was 4 or 5.

I used to roller skate all the time. It was a huge fad when I was young, going to roller rinks and skating to YMCA or Earth, Wind, and Fire's September. Good times, man.

I own roller blades, but I haven't used them very much. I thought it would be easier than it is because I'm a decent ice skater, but it's not easy to stop. I also own hockey skates. I love ice skating but I haven't been since last year.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
After numerous FAILED attempts to teach me how to ride a bike, my parents finally quit when I was in the 2nd grade. My best friend (with whom I'm still very close to) taught me how to ride a bike after she pushed me on one of them, and screamed "Peddle! Peddle! Peddle!" It was good times.

I used love roller blading as a kid, even after it resulted in my nose being broken after I fell on my FACE. One of my fondest memories of busting out the blades was when a bunch of us neighborhood kids would get together and play street hockey in the cul-de-sac. And skateboarding was and arguably still is, one of my favorite activities, but I haven't skated for about a year now. From time to time, I'll bust out my board and just roll around, but that's pretty much it - no skate parks for me anymore.

Last edited:

kitkattt

Registered Member
I can ride a bike still...I think

It's been years since I've ridden one D: I might die trying to ride one again.