3ds Can you play Wi-fi games without Wi-Fi?

GlodenBob788

Registered Member
I was wondering can you play Wi-fi games without having to connect to the wi-fi network,you know like solo play.:stare: I hope you can,I don't have internet on my other computer and I need Vrodband and a Wirless Router to play.:) I have a DS though

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yes, you can play wifi games without haveing wifi in your house...

All you need is a high speed connection (not dial-up) and the little USB adapter that you can get and connect through your computer.

Orinigally olny available from Nintendo, but now is available in stores everywhere

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
SamusAran86 said:
Yes, you can play wifi games without haveing wifi in your house...

All you need is a high speed connection (not dial-up) and the little USB adapter that you can get and connect through your computer.

Orinigally olny available from Nintendo, but now is available in stores everywhere
Yea, I am glad to hear about that. It is great and I think that Nintendo was surprised themselves at how big of a success this would be. This is just a sign of the great things to come. I cant wait until the games utilize the microphone as well. Nintendo-wifi is extremely easy and can only get better.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the question was more along the lines of "Is there a single player (non multiplayer) mode for WiFi games." I would guess that there is.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
LoL. Yea, definately there is. Other wise, it would be pretty pointless I would say. It would be as great of a game as Ping Pals was! Ping Pals was a game where it was just pictochat and that was it....what a waste!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I would have to believe so... Im not sure about the tony hawk game... it lest you record your best runs... so I figure that would be a 1 player online thing...

With AC and MK... its more of a 2 (or more) player thing

GlodenBob788

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I think the question was more along the lines of "Is there a single player (non multiplayer) mode for WiFi games." I would guess that there is.
Thanks Andrew thats what I was trying to say,because I am lazy and do't like setting up all that,I'd just rather go to McDonalds and get a burger and play.:nod:

Thermal

Registered Member
If you don't have a wireless router/Access point, then you can use the usb connector which essentially acts as a wireless adapter and outputs everything to your computer's internet connection. Its more cost effective if your DS is the only wireless device, and you do not already have an existing wireless access point.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
not just any USB adaptor... you need to buy one from Nintendo's online store, or I have heard that they are in stores now... though I havent confirmed that... I believe they run about 30 dollars... a wifi set up can run you about 200 or more depending on what router you buy

and you cant run WiFi games over a dial up connection, you must have high speed