Can you fake cry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Anybody here who has done any acting beyond high school theater will know that "fake crying" is a desirable skill to have if you want to be an actor.

This is next to (if not completely) impossible for non method actors. Method acting is when you train yourself to channel emotions from past experiences and live them out as if the events just happened. If you are a skilled method actor you can go from 0 to 60 (bawling basically) in anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Just about as long as it takes to actually start crying hard if something seriously bad just happened.

So, who here can fake cry, and if so to what level?

Tears are easy. It's when your nose starts running and you are sniffing and bawling your eyes out that you know you are a good actor. I can do both BUT I'll admit the latter takes some serious work, especially if you rarely cry. I can't get to the bawling stage very easily though and could probably not do it fast enough to do a single take. I've seen people do that in movies all in one shot and that is very impressive. That's my goal though.

People who cry about anything and everything might be able to fake cry pretty easily by just imagining they lost their cell phone or something. :lol:

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not an actor by any means, but I can make myself all out cry.

I dunno how I really do it, I just sorta feel it building up right above my nose between my eyes. Then in a few seconds I can just let loose in an all out "I just shot old yeller" style cry fest.

3. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Dude.

Vids or it didn't happen.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Lmao, its one thing for me to lip sync in front of millions...

Its another for me to dance in front of millions (I know I know I havent finished that video yet, but its on its way!)

but to record myself crying like a bitch and post it... thats a little much. Even I have limits.

Mirage likes this.
  5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't fake cry but i do cry at the drop of a hat. problem is i can't really talk while i'm crying.

6. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Just flex while you do it.

I cant cry on command, but I can fake laugh really well...sorta the opposite.

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

When I pretend cry as a joke, My eyes get all watery.. haha. Maybe I could.

8. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i can't fake all ou tcry, but i can make my eyes water up and look like im about to cry.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I can easily fake cry, I could do it right now if I can. I never took any acting classes either. It just something that comes natural to me I guess.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I can't force myself to cry at all There's a lot of times where I'd like to be able to.

My little sister has control of her tear ducts.