Can you cook?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can cook but these days I don't seem to want to. I think its because I'm so busy. When I do cook I like to make a dish called Hamburger Cheese Bake or Green Pepper Steak. Also like just throwing a steak on the grill and baking potatoes which is easier than making a casserole but the down side is no left overs to get me out of cooking later. Getting where I think a lot about how to get out of it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cook the meat first in a separate pan. Cook it until almost done so you can add it in at the end with the veggies.

Fried rice isn't hard - smaller veggies, almost minced, little oil in the pan, once the rice starts frying, make a hole in the center of the rice and crack in and egg and stir it in rapidly. You get some egg coated rice and little bits of egg here and there.

I usually use Thomas' English muffins.

View attachment 2142

These are not quite done, you can see the cheese hasn't started turning golden brown, it is just starting to melt.
Man, that is an amazing idea. Thanks!

Impaired

Registered Member
I found out how the Chinese restaurants make that really thin, tender chicken.

They slice it thin and poach it in broth. Then sauce it when they add it to veggies.

Impaired

Registered Member
I can cook but these days I don't seem to want to. I think its because I'm so busy. When I do cook I like to make a dish called Hamburger Cheese Bake or Green Pepper Steak. Also like just throwing a steak on the grill and baking potatoes which is easier than making a casserole but the down side is no left overs to get me out of cooking later. Getting where I think a lot about how to get out of it.
We have a similar dish, fireman's casserole; hamburger, spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese and fine egg noodles. Easy, one fry pan, noodle pot, one oven pan.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Had your typical bbq steak, chicken wings and sausages today. Oiled it up, seasoned with salt and some good old soy sauce before throwing it on the barbie! It was delish!

I can put together simple meals, such as macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, cheeseburgers, lasagna, and spaghetti and meatballs.

I've never failed at putting together a recipe because I've never tried anything that requires a lot of skill and cooking know-how.

Impaired

Registered Member
We had an egg roll/dumpling party two weeks ago. We made traditional Asian egg rolls and dumplings and a ton more.

Monterrey Chicken - shredded grilled chicken and jack cheese - dip in honey mustard dip
Cheesesteak egg rolls - dip in marinara
Pulled pork and cheddar - no dip but BBQ would work.

We made too many kinds of dumplings to name, some fried, some steamed. They are very easy to make and very delicious.

Make a variety of sauces (I make one with peanut butter, Sriracha and soy - thinned with water) that is a big hit.

I can cook, yes. I've been doing it since I was like 11 or 12. I'd have dinner started and almost ready by the time my mom would get home from work. It's something I definitely enjoy doing.

Favorite things to cook? Hmm. Mac 'n cheese, Saltimbocca, lasagna. A perfectly cooked steak and loaded baked potato can hit the spot as well. Recently I've really enjoyed cooking the full Thanksgiving meal myself. It's not quite on par with my mom's but it's still pretty damn good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can cook, yes. I've been doing it since I was like 11 or 12. I'd have dinner started and almost ready by the time my mom would get home from work. It's something I definitely enjoy doing.

Favorite things to cook? Hmm. Mac 'n cheese, Saltimbocca, lasagna. A perfectly cooked steak and loaded baked potato can hit the spot as well. Recently I've really enjoyed cooking the full Thanksgiving meal myself. It's not quite on par with my mom's but it's still pretty damn good.
Out of curiosity, how do you make your mac n cheese?

Melt the cheese down. Lots of butter, milk and flour. Spice it up, add a little garlic. Cook the macaroni. Mix the two into a baking dish. Crush up a bag of salt and vinegar chips and coat the top. Bake until the top is brown and crunchy, then serve.