Can the Dolphins do it?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Kazmarov, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

After going 1-15 last season, the Dolphins are 7th in the AFC, tied with the Jets for the division lead at 9-5.

Can they do it? Go from dead last to division champs in one season?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It would be pretty remarkable if they did it, I personally didn't expect they would of improved that much, even with Pennington as their new quarterback.

But the defense as played really well, especially Porter, and Chad as been really consistent and carried this team.

There still fighting two teams for a playoff spot with two games left, the Jets and Patriots are still in it, so it will be tough for them to make the playoffs, but it should be interesting to see though.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I will point out that the last game of the season for the Dolphins is against the Jets. It'd be tough, but given that their other game is against the Chiefs (who suck), they can guarantee the division if they run the table. And even at 10-6 they have a decent chance of getting the 6 seed.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Division champs, probably but that all depends on the Pats and Jets at the moment. A playoff spot is definitely something they can expect to see and even if they don't they're infinitely better than this time last year.

5. Babe_Ruth

Well the Dolphins kept their playoff hopes alive with a win yesterday. It was a close game, but Pennington led his team to victory. It will be something else if they end up in the playoffs after a 1-15 season.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think they can. The Jets have been playing pretty badly lately. Miami seems to be pretty consistent. Thomas and Coles need to start having good games if they want to win.

7. Babe_Ruth

The Dolphins were able to beat the Jets this evening and now they won there division and heading to the playoffs.

That's simply an incredible turnaround from last season, I never expected them to improve that much.

Sucks to be Jason Taylor, he wanted to play for a contender so he went to the Redskins who won't make the playoffs, so he'll be watching the game at home.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I would say "yay Dolphins," but seeing as how the Ravens go to Miami to play them first round of the playoffs I'm hesitant. But like I said they're infinitely better than they were this time last year and it must suck to be Brett Favre right now.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

Question is; can they win the bowl? If the 10-6 NYG won it why not the 11-5 Fins?

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

First question should be can they at least get to the Bowl? Yeah, they're better offensively this year but so are many other team, Ravens included. Then assuming they win they go against the Titans and that is by no means an even moderately-easy game, just ask Ben Roethlisberger.

And if they get to the Bowl, who will they be against? The Giants? The Vikings? The Panthers?