• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can someone identify this?

imnotcreative

Registered Member

I put this under religion because I'm fairly certain it is a religious icon or character from mythology. I've tried googling it with no success. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
That would be Narasimha. Hindu, not many images. Not Shiva who has many arms and widely accepted. Narasimha is killing a servant.

konboye

Registered Member
Thats some gore shit. What does it signify? It has to have some kind of significant meaning.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Even Disney has villians like Cruella DeVille and the Wicked Stepmother.
These ancient symbols were used as learning tools to demonstrate that men sin... or have an evil side... 7 deadly sins. They weren't meant to be worshipped. Greek and Roman mythology has a few too I think. I know more about the religious symbols, although the origins of most religion included some mythology and shamanism.

There are many cult followers out there. People who pierce and even add prosthetics to make devil horns, or file teeth to fangs. The dark side is big in New York City where there are vampire parties with thousands of guests. Big underground following. Creepy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Really interesting picture, and great artwork. I attended a Hindu Temple during a course on diversity, it was a great experience...very friendly people that actually took me and the friends I was with on an informal tour just after saying hello. I'd love to read more about the Hindu faith and its stories.

konboye

Registered Member
Even Disney has villians like Cruella DeVille and the Wicked Stepmother.
These ancient symbols were used as learning tools to demonstrate that men sin... or have an evil side... 7 deadly sins. They weren't meant to be worshipped. Greek and Roman mythology has a few too I think. I know more about the religious symbols, although the origins of most religion included some mythology and shamanism.

There are many cult followers out there. People who pierce and even add prosthetics to make devil horns, or file teeth to fangs. The dark side is big in New York City where there are vampire parties with thousands of guests. Big underground following. Creepy.
Wow, that was very informative and eye opening even if it wasn't lengthy. Thanks.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Currently there is a problem in Hindu regions, India, Kashmir. Like many other tribal regions in the area. Islam is on a conquest mission across the area and swallowing up the Buddhist monks, Thai Buddhists, Indian Hindus and all the villages surrounding and converting them to Islam. There is a specific 7 phase plan to reform the Caliphate.

Remember a few years back when the Taliban blew up those giant ancient Buddhas carved into the mountain? Many people offered millions to preserve and even move those statues. Taliban said no and blew them to smitherines.

Islam extends from Northern Africa, across the Middle East, Southeast Asia and into Indonesia. There is movement south in Africa, and further in Southeast Asia that is threatening Hindus and Buddhists and the small amount of Christians there.

It won't stop. 911 was just the Awakening.

konboye

Registered Member
Well, I think eventually there will be a an all out war against Isreal too. Islam has suddenly changed, over the last 15years, from a religion of peace into a hostile, all conquering, imposing religion. Its quite scary, even in Nigeria they are trying to dominate the north even though there are Christians up there. They attack, maim and kill Christians at night, in the name of Allah.