• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can One Delete PMs Without Reading Them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabs

Registered Member
I was just curious, if there was a way to delete a PM, without having to open it and read it??
I searched, but didn't see a way.
Or I guess I'm just stuck with the damn thing sitting there forever and ever amen?? ~LoL~

Reactions: Doc

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you're at the inbox, just mark the little boxes next to the PM's you want to delete, scroll down to the dropdown menu and select "Delete" and then click "Go." If you're talking about the pop-up notification, just click cancel and the PM won't come up. Hope that helps.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to read them? If someone is harassing you, you can report it to the staff.

Dabs

Registered Member
If you're at the inbox, just mark the little boxes next to the PM's you want to delete, scroll down to the dropdown menu and select "Delete" and then click "Go." If you're talking about the pop-up notification, just click cancel and the PM won't come up. Hope that helps.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to read them? If someone is harassing you, you can report it to the staff.

Oh..now I see that, Thank You Echoes.
I was seeing the new PM as I opened "My GF" and I thought there was no way to get rid of it, but I found that option when I went to my inbox.
I had asked someone to not send a PM to me, and they did, and I'm not interested in reading it, but no harassment, it's not a biggie.
I appreciate your help.

BigBob

Registered Member
Oh..now I see that, Thank You Echoes.
I was seeing the new PM as I opened "My GF" and I thought there was no way to get rid of it, but I found that option when I went to my inbox.
I had asked someone to not send a PM to me, and they did, and I'm not interested in reading it, but no harassment, it's not a biggie.
I appreciate your help.
You shouldn't have asked a question in the PM you sent that particular person and then asked them not to send anything back.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
For petty stuff, you can limit private messaging within your contacts/friends so anyone outside it can't pm you. You can also block individuals (put them on ignore) and they can't send you a PM. Er, actually I think they can "send" but the pm never really reaches you so you don't see it. If it's biggie, then report to staff. :)

Dabs

Registered Member
For petty stuff, you can limit private messaging within your contacts/friends so anyone outside it can't pm you. You can also block individuals (put them on ignore) and they can't send you a PM. Er, actually I think they can "send" but the pm never really reaches you so you don't see it. If it's biggie, then report to staff. :)

Thank you ysabel...I have made those adjustments.

@ Bob, not that this particular thing has anything to do with you, because it doesn't, but since you put your 2 cents in, I'll add my 4 cents.
I told this person, my exact words, to not bother answering back, because I won't be reading anymore.
And the only reason I sent the original PM, was because of the comments this person made on my Rep thing.
I never have Rep-ed this person, never PMed this person before..nothing.
But since they said what they said on my Rep, I sent the PM, because...I had no reason to rep them, good or bad.
The other person initiated the conversation, if you could call it that, by making the comments on my Rep.
But, like I said, it's not a biggie.....thanks for your concern!

Tucker

Lion Rampant
You can also block individuals (put them on ignore) and they can't send you a PM. Er, actually I think they can "send" but the pm never really reaches you so you don't see it.
When they try to send the PM, as I recall from days past; a screen pops up, reading, "____ has chosen not to receive messages from you," or something to that effect.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The question has been answered so I'm closing this thread. Please take your personal matters to PM if you wish to argue over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.