• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can men and women be just friends?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I used to be good friends with a lady. But I always knew that we'd never be more than just friends because I wasn't physically attracted to her, and I knew that I never would be.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Definitely possible. But there always gets a point where one or the other has some kind of thought they entertain of being a couple. Everyone has gone through this.

Twitch

Registered Member
I believe so. I've been friends with a woman that was in my freshman dorm for over 10 years now.

I believe a big part of it is not only whether you are physically attracted to each other, but if you believe you could work together. The relationship I have with my female friend is very much like an older brother/younger sister dynamic, where most of the time we're getting along, but occasionally she annoys the hell out of me and I frustrate her an equal amount.

Like, we met in college and she'd be poking me and I'd be giving her noogies. I bet a lot of people might see this as flirting but we were actually treating each other like we were kids. Just how our relationship ended up working out.