• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Can love be found on Tinder

MissMe

Registered Member
So I have been single for a while now and a few of my friends suggested that I try out Tinder. It seemed like a good way to meet people while staying out of the bar so I tried it out. Well so far I have met perverts and people who are obviously from another county. I am not impressed so far and don't know if people can really find someone on these sites. Do you think people can really find love on Tinder?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is tough for sure, but yes, I do believe you can. My roommate met is girlfriend on Bumble (which is similar to Tinder) and they have been dating for over a year now and they are definitely are in love. You’ll have your perverts, not everyone on there are like that.

MissMe

Registered Member
Well that is very good to hear. I would like to find someone but it's not looking too promising on Tinder right now. A few of my friends have went on dates with people they met on there but nothing turned serious.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure it is possible but you have to weed out all the weirdos in order to find the right guy. I wouldn't give up!

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Well from what I've seen it\s far easier to find a creepy stalker or clingy escaped mental patient than a compatible mate on the Internet, but I suppose it's not impossible. :) 90% of human communication is non-verbal, and much of that which is relies on often subtle inflection and such. So when seeking someone in the hopes of making a real connection, often people intuitively fill in the blanks with what they want to be there, not necessarily what is. In order to make a true connection, one needs true communication. (If you know what I mean)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well from what I've seen it\s far easier to find a creepy stalker or clingy escaped mental patient than a compatible mate on the Internet, but I suppose it's not impossible. :) 90% of human communication is non-verbal, and much of that which is relies on often subtle inflection and such. So when seeking someone in the hopes of making a real connection, often people intuitively fill in the blanks with what they want to be there, not necessarily what is. In order to make a true connection, one needs true communication. (If you know what I mean)
You are correct about the first part but I am a success story of an internet relationship turning into marriage...met her here at popmalt of all places.

But I think its easier here because you can get to know someone. The whole tinder thing is just the wild wild west sometimes haha

NellyBell

Registered Member
Sure, why not? I think people can find love anywhere. I've never used Tinder but from my understanding you can find all sorts of people who are looking for different things. Focus on people who are trying to find the same things you are. One of my good friends just got engaged to a girl he met on Tinder, so it's definitely possible!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure it is possible but you have to weed out all the weirdos in order to find the right guy. I wouldn't give up!
Very true, but you don’t have to meet the person til you’re comfortable to do so. Take the time to get to know him or her and then meet-up somewhere there is many people. If you feel the person is a weirdo off the bat, you can just un-match easily.

MissMe

Registered Member
You are correct about the first part but I am a success story of an internet relationship turning into marriage...met her here at popmalt of all places.
You met your wife here? That's awesome! I have never actually met up with anyone that I met online and it makes me kind of nervous. I guess I watch too many crime shows! But knowing that you met you wife online makes me want to keep trying!

Impaired

Registered Member
You can find love anywhere.