Can I trade in foreign currency at any bank?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by steveyos666, Nov 5, 2006.

1. steveyos666

steveyos666 New Member

I'm not even sure if this is the right forum for this kind of thing, I've never had to deal with this and this site was top on google so I figured it was good.

My grandma just brought home 41,200 Pesos and I doubt it's true but sites are saying that's 3,810.93 USD. It's a mix of paper and coins (I don't see the word peso on the coins but they all say something in Mexican on the back so I'm taking a wild guess). Does year matter? I'm trying to find information on google but I'm horrible at finding things online.

I'm very sorry if this isn't the right kind of forum to be asking this on. If it isn't, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm just nervous because I could really use this money for health reasons, and it's Sunday so I can't go to the bank and ask them. :(

2. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Were you able to get it exchanged at your bank, or did you have to go someplace else? I would think any bank should be able to exchange it. Of course, I'm not in banking, so I could be wrong.

3. steveyos666

steveyos666 New Member

My grandma tried the bank next door but they said they couldn't do it. There's a Bank of America down the street and we're probably going to try there tomorrow. I just figure foreign money has to be traded at certain places, and if it's really worth that much that'll just complicate things more. With my luck though it's probably not worth anything or fake :nod:

4. Linda450

Linda450 New Member

It should be much more.
    Go to Yahoo finance and check there. it is the best place.
    you can change it almost at every bank.

good luck