Can I add a website address to my description?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by stansoft, May 6, 2005.

1. stansoft

stansoft Registered Member

Hello Fellow AuctionSighter's,

I wanted to ask you, can I add a website address to my auction description, (the website will not be mine, it will be a website that helps to raise money to feed the hungry, and I want to help them with more exposure) Or ebay can remove my auction listing because of that?????

If anybody knows, please help!

THX
    Stan

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

most likely not. People have beem pulled for mentioning goldenpalace.com, and it would most likely tell ebay that it is a "charity" auction.

Others may be able to tell you more, but from my understandings no, what you want to do will get the auction pulled

3. mom_of_sixoxo

mom_of_sixoxo Registered Member

hmmm...there are ways to get around it though... like if you say the hungersite is a favorite of yours, for example... but do NOT put the dot-com part... i.e. hungersite, or hunger site, --not hungersite.com...
    also, i think the rules for links on your "aboutme page" are a lot more lax... if you want to create an about me page, just click on anyone's icon that already has one, then scroll to the bottom of their "me" page, to find a link that will take you directly to the form to create your own page. --very easy :)

oh - and in your descript. then, you can tell ppl to view your me page for more info too

Last edited: May 6, 2005