Can ex's be friends?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by bumble, Mar 9, 2008.

1. bumble

bumble New Member

I have had a situation when my fiance and i first met we decided that we would still be friends with our ex's untill 2 to 3 month afterwards the fun started and his ex began to pester him to take her back and my ex began to do the same lukily we both became wise to this and were honest with each other and got new numbers and dont ever see any of the 2 of them.
    So what do you guys think can you be friends with your ex's or is it a fresh start?

Nightsurfer likes this.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's possible. I'm friends with my ex (not all, but some), but it's more a "civil" relationship and not an intimate level one. Also, if either of the party has not really "moved on" or does not respect your current one, having a "friendship" with an ex can be a threat to your new relationship. Better cut the ties.

3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Oddly enough my ex girlfriend text me last night just to see how I was doing. I don't think you can ever be friends the way you would be with someone who you havn't gotten so close to but I guess I'd call her an aquaintance lol.

4. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

No you can be friends to the point of I'm horny its late let me see what he/she is up to. Any other kind of friendship will more than likely really cause problems in any new relationship, who really wants to know that their new bf/gf is chatting up and being chummy with the one before them.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  5. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Lol, anyone can be friends with me, and im ex...

jk

Serriously, I think so. It just depends on the circumstance of the break-up. If it was mutual, than I think there is a better chance of friendship. Also if its less violent...then yeah.

Nightsurfer and Mirage like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Of course the answer is "it depends."

If the relationship ended on a terrible note, I don't see you ever being friends. However, if you didn't have a relationship that went far or lasted long, I'm betting you have a better chance of remaining good friends.

7. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

one of my best friends in the whole wide world is a recent ex.
    for me, my relationships always start out as friends, and i always value my bfs/gfs as friends above anything else.

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I am friends with mine at the moment, yet I feel like that I want to be more than a friend now.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'm friends with my one and only ex. We still talk from time to time, I need to call her as well...

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Someone once told me this...

"Once you seen em' naked, it's kinda hard to be their friend"