• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cammalleri slash vs. Avery slash

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cammalleri swung at chest level and barely connected, then slashed Nino on the ankle. Took place in a pre-season game, after plenty of physical play between the two, and he received a 1 game suspension:

YouTube - Michael Cammalleri Slash Nino Niederreiter (October 2 2010)

Avery, without provocation and well away from the play, in an actual game, two handed Komisarek behind the knee, then slashed him on the ankle, and got nothing:

YouTube - Sean Avery Slash Mike Komisarek 10/15/10

Avery is a player with a history of dirty play, who did this in a completely pre-meditated way, while Cammalleri is just a skilled player who let emotions get the better of him. Seems strange to me, anyone have an explanation? Even stranger is that despite Avery's almost constant dirty play I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that he's never been suspended for an on ice incident.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Avery is a punk who gives the game a bad name. He's not just dirty on the ice, he's a pig in real life. In my opinion he's not crucial enough to any team to deserve a contract.

I'm so disappointed in him; he showed so much promise when he was playing for Detroit back in the 2001-2002 season. And this is how he turned out.

I have no explanation for it. You'd think that Bettman in his misguided crusade to clean the game up of any and all fighting would have something to say about it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Avery is a punk who gives the game a bad name. He's not just dirty on the ice, he's a pig in real life. In my opinion he's not crucial enough to any team to deserve a contract.
Agreed, he's over the top with some things he does on the ice, he takes cheap shots at players, and he's a diver. One of the things that makes me so mad is that he picks who wants to drop the gloves with, but he'll give cheap shots to everyone on the ice.

I agree that he's a jerk in real life, the whole "sloppy second" comments he said to Phaneuf and Cuthbert was awful.

I'm so disappointed in him; he showed so much promise when he was playing for Detroit back in the 2001-2002 season. And this is how he turned out.
Avery is a talented player, but he has some problems. He's shown in the past, like you just said that he can be a talented player and can put the puck in the net. It just seems that he rather get on someones skin on most night.

I have no explanation for it. You'd think that Bettman in his misguided crusade to clean the game up of any and all fighting would have something to say about it.
You already know my thought on Bettman and his crew, they are very inconsistent and enrages me so much. It makes no sense that Cammalleri, a player that is not known to be a dirty player gets a one game suspension and Avery doesn't. If Avery got a game, then I wouldn't be so outraged on the matter, but he didn't.