• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Camcorders

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
so I'm looking for a camcorder that isn't too pricey. portability is more important than image quality here, I'm looking for something I can run around with. something less cumbersome than the webcam built into my laptop, lets just say.

any suggestions?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, how much is "isn't too pricey"? I could recommend one from $100 up to $10,000. ;)

I'd say you'll need at least $400 or so for something DECENT.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have canon mvx250i (dual recording miniDV and SD card) but I have a feeling it's only sold here in Europe. It's less than a thousand (and that was when I bought it 3 years ago, so the price could be lower now).

Could you try ebay perhaps for bargains and ideas?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Have you gone and looked in your local pawn shops, I got my Sony mini cam/ cameras 300 cheaper there, I paid 250 for it. It was still in it's box and had everything in it, I haven't had any problems with it.

Try looking in pawn shops, if you pay cash you can make a counter offer to the price tag the is 20-25% lower than the marked price. Cash always changes the prices in pawn shops.

Also some of the newer cell phones have real kick ass video cams built in (like the Sony "Walkman") so you might just want to get one of those.