"Calories"

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by RJ-Cool, Jun 29, 2010.

1. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Your body needs calories for energy. But eating too many calories — and not burning enough of them off through activity — can lead to weight gain. Most foods and drinks contain calories.

Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat/drink? OR
    Do you just eat/drink despite how many calories you consume/digest?

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I don't follow my calorie intake as much as my husband does, that's for sure. I've got a pretty good metabolism so I usually fluxuate between 5 pounds give or take what I eat; whereas my husband can look at a doughnut and gain 10 pounds which isn't very good for someone who has to stay at a particular weight due to a sport he's involved in.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I try to maintain the balance between proteins and carbohydrates.
    I do regular exercises and work outs.

It's not that I calculate my calories intake, but I try to be careful and not indifferent to what I eat/drink.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don's really care about the calories I intake while eatting a meal. Just like Storm I have a high metabolism, which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

I run a lot and I play a lot of sports so I lose a lot of calories that way.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Why is it a bad thing?

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Probably because we're more tempted to eat bad things because we know we can.:D

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The reason it's a bad thing is because I have problems gaining weight and muscle because of my quick metabolism. I work so hard to gain that muscle/weight but results don't always show.
    It's quite frustrating at times.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

This.

I just try to eat healthy and fresh foods (when I'm not being tempted by junk).

I don't count calories, and some people who rely on this do it the wrong way. They think they can snack on pre packaged 100 calorie cookies and be fine with losing weight because of the way it is marketed. Or they go for fat free products and think that it's ok to have just because the calories have been reduced. Some calorie counters still eat junk, and stay within their calorie intake. Unfortunately their bodies aren't getting the proper fuel, even though they have the calorie number correct.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I never eat enough calories in one day to worry about gaining weight, so no, I don't count them at all.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I go through phases of caring and not caring, but I never strictly count them or anything like that. I'm far less concerned if I'm in, say, a restaurant or at a friend's house for dinner. At home on a day to day basis I try (but mostly fail) to watch what I eat.