Calorie intake

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by PollyAnne, Mar 23, 2009.

1. PollyAnne

PollyAnne Registered Member

I've just started working out on a regular basis and I'm curious...

For those who exercise routinely, what is your average daily caloric intake, and how much exercising do you do daily?

English-Emo-Boy likes this.

2. AmandaBB

AmandaBB Registered Member

I spent 30 minutes a day on my elliptical trainer and currently walk about 30 minutes a day too. All in 5 minute intervals.
    My average calorie intake is only 1600 calories though because I'm 70% disabled and have to lay down a lot.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I get 3,000 calories a day but I'd say that I'm a way above average exerciser.

There's more than just the amount of working out that you do that should determine how many calories you should get every day.

You need to take into account, body weight, height, age, sleep, and even what type of exercises you are doing.

I excercise for 1 1/2 - 2 hours every week day and take it easy on weekends.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I only exercise once or twice a week right now. I probably eat about 2,500 calories a day. When I'm on my hiking trip this summer I will have to eat close to 5,000 calories a day.

5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not entirely sure what my daily calorie intake is currently at. I just eat two meals a day, sometimes it's a hearty dinner, other days it's a salad so I have no idea.

At the moment I'm walking about 1 1/2 miles a day, which is for work.
    I'm doing plenty of bicep muscle building routines at the moment, averaging at about an two hours lifting a day which I'm currently quite enjoying.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I havent exercised much since tax season. But when that is over this spring I will probably be lifting and running everyday except sunday. I might even incorporate Sunday though into my routine.

If I am running I go by distance not time. So if Im going to run 4 miles I time myself but the main objective is distance.

Same with Weight Lifting. I dont look at how long I have been to the gyme I measure what routines I do and what weights I do them at.

My lifting routines take anywhere from 45 minutes to an Hour and half. Depending on the day.

Running can be accomplished in roughly 40-45 minutes (assuming I do an 8 minute mile and 5 minutes).

I havent done any exercise though since second or third week of Jan.

I use to eat about 3000 cals a day. I probably stick around 1500-2500 range depending on the day. I havent needed as many due to not really burning the energy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. jackie861

jackie861 Registered Member

Hi PollyAnne,

I consume approximately 2000 cals a day. I excercise 30 minutes per day. In addition to that 3x's a week I add weights to my routine. I'm looking mainly to stay fit. I'm considering adding yoga to my routine to help stretch my muscles.

--Jackie

8. bdove23

bdove23 New Member

i exercise about 4 times per week, and take in about 2500 calories per day. i try to eat at least 3000

9. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

My average intake is 1000 to 1500 calories a day.

10. rachylou

rachylou Registered Member

Your calories isn't a big thing to be honest its mostly about saturated fats! But I do usually have less than 2000 calories! Probs about 1500 and about 3/4 hours workout a week!