Calling the wrong person "mom"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smelnick, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I'm sure lot's of us have done it, one time or another. It's embarassing, everyone has a laugh and life goes on lol.

I only remember one time doing it, but I'm sure there were a few other times. It was in grade 4 and I was going up to the teachers desk to ask a question about some math I was doing. Instead of saying 'Mrs. M', I blurted out 'Hey, Mom?...I mean...Mrs. M.' She had a good chuckle and I'm sure my face turned pretty red. Thankfully the rest of the class didn't hear it, or it'd've been a while before I lived it down =P

So how about yourselves? Ever have a moment like that? Ever called the wrong person mom absent mindedly?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Not just mom, but I've called a bunch of people the wrong name plenty of times despite knowing their name full well.

Mostly the latter though.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yep! I've done it to teachers, friends... Hell, there were times I was at work and accidentally called a few customers mom. >.<

lol

4. AwkwardlyYours

AwkwardlyYours Registered Member

I have done it a thousand times. I did it most when I was little because all I could see were ankles and knees so I assumed people wearing the same kind of pants as my mom were my mom... because in crowds it's hard to tell :/

5. Ace11

Ace11 New Member

Geez, I hate that. It happens mostly when you have a close relationship with a female figure that you think could be your mom, in my opinion. It might be a psychological thing, but its still embarrassing!

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I don't think I've ever done this, at least not that I remember.

I deliberately call my English teacher mom though. Two of my friends do it too, it's because other people have called her it by accident, and she's a lot like a stereotypical mom.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've said it to your mother before Danny but she told me she liked it.

I called a teacher 'dad' before in school. Unfortunately all of the class did hear me and didn't let me forget about it for many months.

8. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I used to do it while I was in elementary school, it pissed me off a lot when I did it especially when I did it to a teacher that I hated.

9. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I vagely remember doing this once in Primary school to a teacher. Of course everyone thought it was hilarious and laughed right in my FACE and I got really embarassed.

Other people in the class did it too, and everyone laughed at them too.

Bliss likes this.
  10. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I did that to my science teacher once in the first version of 6th grade. And again to my choir teacher in junior year.

what's even worse is that once i called my mom by my stepmother's name. that took a while to live down >.< she got pissed.