• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Calling the Cops?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have called the sheriffs dept a few times in my life. It was a necessity or believe me I wouldn't have done it.

Once was when someone went bouncing across our wood bridge with a dump truck loaded with gravel. He broke the bridge down and dumped diesel in the creek. I was afraid he would sneak off and we would be without a bridge with a polluted creek. It seemed to me some people were going to cover it up for him. So I called the Sheriffs dept and begged them not to tell anyone who I was.:shake: They came out and we got a steel bridge plus our creek cleaned up.

Boy was that ever a day, if you want to hear the whole story I'll tell ya.

There was a couple of other instances but I won't go into them all. Some involving bullets.:-o

Once I may have had the cops called on me. A friend of mine crawled into a window of a house that belonged to my in laws. That night a cop showed up. We talked, he was friendly, he wanted to know where someone else lived. So in the process I told him the house belonged to my in laws and I wasn't that familiar with the neighborhood.

I had a feeling someone did call them so I thought I would be forthcoming without being asked cause I know how that must have looked. Two girls, a stepladder, going through the window.:lol:

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever called the cops on someone for some other reason? Or had them called on you?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That was a cool move to call the police about the truck on the bridge. Way too much pollution gets into the water sources already.
And yeah I did call 911 one time. I heard loud noises by my window but I couldnt see anybody outside. I was home alone after sunset when it happned but the police didnt find anything. Anyway the noises happened again but it was just a coyote that got up on the deck. I thought it was a prowler. So I called them again to let them know it was only a animal.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No they are rarely where you need them but they'll come as quick as they can. They can't be everywhere all the time. In order to do that we would have to have a lot more cops than what we do. I don't think anyone wants that.

dDave

V.I.P.
I called the police when someone told me they were going to kill themselves. Other than that I don't remember ever calling the police. (Though, I did call 911 for a medical emergency once)

One night at home we heard some strange sounds outside and thought someone was snooping around our property. We had accounted for everyone in our family so we called the police. Further investigation gave us some footprints outside that were definitely not ours. We never found the person. Scary.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be scary. My imagination would have probably ran wild after knowing for sure someone had been snooping around. Probably thinking about breaking in your house.

I've call the sheriffs dept over wrecks out on the highway in front of our house/farm before. One time I stayed with the guy to keep people from running over him until the ambulance and deputies got there. We don't have 911.