• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Calling all Star Wars Collectors !! Need Info on Book....

mart1

Registered Member
I know there are many Star Wars Collectors in this group that can tell me about this book !! It says "Star Wars" from the adventures of Luke Skywalker. By George Lucas. Copywrite 1976, 1st. Edition Dec 1976, 7th printing June 1977. On the front it says "The Years Best Movie". It is a paperback with 16 pages of color pics !! Is this a keeper ??? About what is it worth if anything????

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Take it to a signing. It will be worth the plane and hotel price. You'll triple the value I bet. :)

(I should clarify that when I said signing, I meant a Star Wars signing.... lol)

mart1

Registered Member
Forehead Guy said:
Take it to a signing. It will be worth the plane and hotel price. You'll triple the value I bet. :)

(I should clarify that when I said signing, I meant a Star Wars signing.... lol)

You mean even a paperback is worth money???? My daughter has this book and we are curious !!! As to the signing.... I don`t think there are many in Texas !! LOL Besides , she is a single mom with 2 kids. That would put a serious strain on the budget !! Any where we could go to get an approx. value???

Dragon said:
I think Nightsurfer knows this one. I think it's a keeper.

I thought Surfer or Darth might know !! Where are they when you need them???? LOL

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Good morning all. To answer your question the book is worth $13.00-$22.00.
If your book were first or second print (witch were booth hardback) it would be worth 100-150 depending on the books condition.

Also if you are thinking a bought getting the book autographed make sure that you DON'T have it made out to you keep it genaric. Don’t have your name included in the signing. ((EXAMPLE)) To my #1 fan Ralph. Never, Never have your name used if you are looking to resell it. (Unless you can find a person with the same name to buy it.) Also make sure you have a C.O.A with the autograph.

And yes most movie books are worth money. It just takes 10 -20 years though.
And that's no guarantee that you will make money. Toys and comics are just like the stock market. Prices go up and down like a yo yo.

Hope this helps..................... :warp:

mart1

Registered Member
I think the Forehead Guy might have been kidding when he said to take it to a signing !! LOL No, I was not thinking about that !! I was just curious as to its collectability. It will probably go on ebay shortly !! I haven`t seen it but she says its in good to ex. cond. She is a book nut and has been going through all of her stash !!!

Last edited by a moderator: