• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am not sure about this as such. The teaser trailer doesn't really give much away but that is not entirely a bad thing. Do you think this will be a replacement for COD MW or a brand new game? The release date falls in line with when the other MW games came out so it does make me think this will be a replacement.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Well there's a new cod game every fall, Gin. infinity ward and treyarch take turns making cod games. So whether its a replacement for Mw, or just the next in infinity ward's line of cod games, I'm not sure that really matters. This'll be a new game either way.

I'm looking forward to it, I've always preferred infinity wards games over treyarchs.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The teaser trailer doesn't really give much away but that is not entirely a bad thing.
Teaser trailers never do.

Do you think this will be a replacement for COD MW or a brand new game?
Too early to tell. Seems like they are at the very least giving Modern Warfare a year off. Which is good, I hope Treyarch does the same thing with Black Ops.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have to learn more about the style, but I'll be very interested...the thing I like with Call of Duty is when it tries something new in style/setting. That's why I love Black Ops, it might be more of the same gameplay but the details made it cool to me.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's awesome...I've always loved underwater ocean as a setting and it looks like COD has done it well. How fun would it be to have a couple of underwater multiplayer settings in the mix?

Konshentz

Konshentz
An underwater map would definitely be pretty cool.

And I agree, they did the underwater thing very well. The COD campaigns are always an entertaining handful of hours.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Regardless of the fact that the trailer might seem a bit dodgy, I always end up buying Call of Duty games just for the sake of having it and the fact that I am loyal to the franchise.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm not feeling too impressed by this game, actually. It just looks like a prettier CoD with almost nothing new to offer, besides new gimmick levels in singleplayer. I doubt there will be underwater in MP, since if they take a risk with that mode, the fans will cry foul.

And we all know Activision doesn't want that.