• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Has anybody gotten this game yet? I got it on the day that it came out and it has been a great experience. I thought I lost my passion for COD but when I picked up my copy and played it the passion came back. Gameplay is pretty much the same, the maps are incredible with the exception of Jungle, and the currency puts a new spin on the game. Wager Matches is a great mode too. Haven't touched the single player mode yet.

Your thoughts...

k3rm0r

Registered Member
I have only played the single player like for 10 min and online for like 15 min. my roomie is addicted to it. i won't be getting it for PC though as i honestly have enough with SC2 and WoW. But as far as i can tell the multiplayer is awsome, and i love the new killing spree stuff, the bomb car is awsome fun to see ppl getting stressed running. The single player seems dull and boring and it's like u have done it 9999999999999999999999999999999999 times before if u played any type of CoD, MoH etc.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I have got it, its better than world at war but still doesn't compare to the MW's in my opinion. The zombie thing is pretty funny tho.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have got it, its better than world at war but still doesn't compare to the MW's in my opinion. The zombie thing is pretty funny tho.
The first Modern Warfare is still the best in my opinion. I didn't really like World at War or Modern Warfare 2 that much, but Black Ops has taken alot of chances with the currency etc etc. What really chaps my ass about COD is that Hardcore is not available right at the beginning. I am not a real big Core fan and it should be accessible right when you start the game instead of leveling up to level 19. But I would would rank Black Ops right up there with Modern Warfare.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I just picked it up today. Played for a couple hours straight just now. I like it. I'm having just as much fun with it as I did with mw2. The zombie thing is kinda fun, but I don't have THAT much interest in it. I love the little rc car. SOOOO much fun. I played the first tiny bit of the campaign. Seems kinda wierd.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think the only thing so far that has bothered me is the lag. It can get bad here and there but so far, I'm loving every moment of it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Oh really? I haven't actually noticed any lag. The only lag I've seen is on the part of my brother when I was playing with him, but he's on a crappy connection lol.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Oh yeah, the lag is pretty bad, Treyarch said they are going to patch it, and i hope so because even with full 4 bars you lag. If you play the Combat training, and then jump to the MP you will see the difference, the hit detection is much smoother. Last night the servers crashed a lot.

I really like the game, great customization, more balanced than MW2, great map variety... its not perfect, but no CoD is so.

Smelnick last night i joined your session, but it happens i had 2 connection bars and my shots had a delay, so eventually my enemy always killed me first, its really frustrating playing with that so i left =p

Overall... the game feels a bit underwhelming compared to Reach.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
See I've not played as much Reach as Black Ops, but even when it first came out I just don't get the fascination with it. It's a decent game, but I don't know why people get moist over it. Even Black Ops isn't a stunning game, it is what we've wanted for a while now: a decent, balanced shooter with a ton of replay value. It's not revolutionary or standard-setting and neither is Reach.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah, Black Ops was way overhyped I think. It's not as impressive as I thought it would be. Fun, but just not spectacular lol.

Yah! I noticed that you had joined last night Maik. It was funny because my brother and his friend had also popped into my match. I was doing horrible though because I was running on very little sleep and i had like no reaction time.

I guess I just don't notice the lag because I have a really decent connection. I'm always at 4 or 5 bars.

As with mw2, I'm starting out really stinky at this game haha. I've only had a couple matches where I went positive.

One thing i don't like is that you can't have a sight on your gun at the same time as a grenade launcher. My favourite thing in mw2 was my m16 or ACR with a noob tube and holo sight(reflex sight in BO) oh well, I just got good at using the iron sight lol.
------
See I've not played as much Reach as Black Ops, but even when it first came out I just don't get the fascination with it. It's a decent game, but I don't know why people get moist over it. Even Black Ops isn't a stunning game, it is what we've wanted for a while now: a decent, balanced shooter with a ton of replay value. It's not revolutionary or standard-setting and neither is Reach.
Yah, but the difference between halo 3 and halo reach is huge compared to the difference between mw2 and black ops. Black ops has the same cod feel to it. the carnage and what not. whereas reach is waayyyyyyyyyy better than halo 3. And although it still is obviously halo, it just feels like a completely different game than halo 3.

Last edited: