Call of Duty: Black Ops announced

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.

Activision, the Santa Monica-base publisher, has revealed the next Call of Duty, titled Black Ops. Developed by Treyarch, Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to hit store shelves on November 9, 2010.
So far, only the official website for the game has been unveiled, with a blog post included to welcome users to the website.
“We can’t wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. “We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts.”
While no further details were revealed, the first trailer for the game will air tonight during GameTrailers TV.
Call of Duty: Black Ops | Age Gate

Neowin.net - Call of Duty: Black Ops announced, releases on November 9

Can't wait already!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This is the CoD game that is going to be announced tonight on GTTV. I'm a bit disappointed. I wanted a pure Vietnam game. Shame its not going to happen just yet.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Black OPS doesn't sound too bad. It has potential to turn out good, but I'll hold my opinion deciding until I see more about it during the summer. At least the title is interesting.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I also saw somewhere the cold war, so we will see what happens I guess.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was reading an article about the Activision/Infinity Ward falling out and there's more than one Call of Duty game in the works right now. The article said that three individual games were being worked on. Modern Warfare 3, and a Vietnam game were mentioned along with an "unnamed new take on the franchise" that will "take the game to a whole new set of users." I guess we just found out that that was.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I heard it has something to do with nam, but I am not sure.
I heard the same. Also that it takes place in the Arctic and other places. Maybe different time periods?
From what I understand, it places you in the shoes of different soldiers during different military operations. Vietnam is just one of the places you'll see. There's also rumours that you'll get to play as one of the SAS soldiers involved in the British Iranian Embassy incident.
------
Teaser trailer's up.

http://www.youtube.com/v/98BSroF_2sw&fs=1&

Last edited: