• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

California Wildfires

dDave

V.I.P.
Has anybody hear about the huge fires that are burning all across southern California? I was just watching the news and this came up, apparently there are 13 separate fires that are all out of control, we know that one was started with a car that caught on fire, but what about the other 12? They can't all possibly be started by natural means, More than 700,000 people have been evacuated from the area, over 1,200 homes have been completely burned to the ground, and more than 360,000 acres have been completely burned. The smoke is actually so thick and so widespread that it is visible from space. Does anybody know how these fires started? I personally think that some guys got together and decided to start California on fire in different spots, because as I said before, it is impossible for all but one of these fires to have started naturally, maybe 1 or 2 but definitely not 12.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who knows. It's most likely a coincidence that may or may not include negligence by different people, i.e. cigarettes, campfires, etc.

It's definitely unfortunate though. This has been happening a lot lately in California. Too bad there really isn't anything that can be done to stop it 100%. Forest fires just happen sometimes. There are things that can be done to help prevent them though. With that many people it's hard to keep tabs on things sometimes though.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
The wildfires are mainly due to drought and high winds. It is so dry that fires start very easily, and the winds blow around burning stuff very easily.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I heard they're starting to contain a good portion of the fires, but I don't watch TV news, what do you guys know?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They're still burning? I haven't seen anything on the news about it in a while.