• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

California police shoot bystander’s dog in disturbing video (GRAPHIC)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I can't watch the video because I'm in Bali and it won't load on this wifi, but I understand shooting a dog in some situations, like if it's attacking someone, especially a child, but if this video is what you all say, and all the dog did is jump out a window then I don't understand that at all.

Wade8813

Registered Member
That said, policing in Canada is very different from in the States; non-lethal methods take precedence. This was pretty unnecessarily brutal; firing shots in a populated residential neighbourhood is risky in and of itself and it's worse if this guy has a happy trigger-finger like its been alleged.
One thing I noticed was that there were already a bunch of police who already had their guns out, before this bystander even got involved. I think I heard somewhere it was a SWAT team. That was my first thought of factors that may have contributed to lethal force being used.

I can't watch the video because I'm in Bali and it won't load on this wifi, but I understand shooting a dog in some situations, like if it's attacking someone, especially a child, but if this video is what you all say, and all the dog did is jump out a window then I don't understand that at all.
The dog was pretty close to the police. It was jumping at them, but it was as the police officer reached forward, so the dog was jumping up rather than straight at the man. It doesn't seem clear cut to me.