• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

California Has Gone Mad

Dabs

Registered Member
They are wanting to legalize marijuana....and today, San Fransisco has announced they want to ban the toys from McDonald's Happy Meals.
Gee, is it still a Happy Meal if the toy isn't in there?? :confused:

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Registered Member
Why do they want to ban the toys?

BigBob

Registered Member
I have no problem with them wanting to legalize marijuana. They've been at that for years, but what's a happy meal without the toy? It's just a meal then.

Looking further into it, they said and I quote from Happy Meal Toy Ban In California Hits Mcdonalds - Heavy Doses - Portfolio.com

"Now Santa Clara County in California is aiming at one of the Golden Arches' best marketing campaigns, the Happy Meal. Santa Clara supervisors just voted to ban any toy handouts if they're part of high-calorie meals (like burgers and fries).

The law "prevents restaurants from preying on children's' love of toys," Supervisor Ken Yeager tells the Los Angeles Times. "This ordinance breaks the link between unhealthy food and prizes."

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is an unconstitutional concept first and foremost. The government, be it Federal or State does not have the right to tell a company if they can offer a free toy with the purchase of a food product as long as said toy meets safety regulations for the age group it is being targeted to.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The toy thing doesn't make much sense to me, but what's wrong with legalizing marijuana? I think that's a step in the right direction.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
How is it unconstitutional?

I have no problem with either of these things.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Why is it mad or unconstitutional?

What does it mean to legalize marijuana? It's OK to smoke it, grow it, sell it? What kinda impact will that make on the economy?

Shit, does it mean more jobs?

And I personally don't care about the toys bit. I don't understand the need for the ban, either.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Legalizing and taxing marijuana could save California's economy and budget, from what I understand.

Reactions: Sim

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How is it unconstitutional?

I have no problem with either of these things.
The government doesn't have any right at all to prohibit a restaurant from selling a toy with a meal. If the toy is legal to buy and sell and the meal is legal to buy and sell, the government can't prohibit a combo sale.

The very idea of this is just as absurd as making a law prohibiting people from buying food at a movie theater.

How about exercising personal responsibility? If you don't want your kid to get fat and play with a cheap toy then don't buy a kid's meal for them. We don't need the government policing what toys McDonald's is allowed to sell with food. It's an outrage that such imbeciles are even voted into office in the first place.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
it's not unconstitutional. The government prohibits or regulates the sale of a lot of things.

Last edited: