• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cali earthquake

SamusAran86

Registered Member
about 10 AM a 6.0 earthquake was recoreded and felt from LA to San Francisco

centered about 9 miles south of Parkfield

A series of aftershocks quickly rattled the area, one with a preliminary 5.0 magnitude four minutes after the main earthquake and three others 4.1 or above.
msnbc story

PureValkyrie

Registered Member
I heard about that. =X I'm glad we don't have earthquakes over here in Michigan. :lol:

If I was in one I'd probably spaz out.

RarePD

Registered Member
I felt it and I live all the way up in Sacramento. What is scary is now they're saying that California is going to be hit by "the big one" pretty soon.

And there were over 90 aftershocks within a hour one period.

Teorropy

Did you guys hear about the ones that are happening at Mt. Saint Helens. Man, if that mountains goes off like it did so many years ago, there won't be anything left if it.

RarePD

Registered Member
I heard about that.

You can't stop mother nature though, so when it happens, no one is to blame.

Stupid mountain! :lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
None of my mountains are volcanos. Thank god for the Appalcaions.

No earthquake above three is something to joke about, but for Cali a 5.0 is hardly anything big. I hope that "the big one" won't be as bad as the one a few years ago.

PureValkyrie

Registered Member
o-o I don't there are any mountains in Michigan cuz of the glaciers tearing up the land thousands of years ago. Wait, I am actually learning from my Geo. class... *pulls out hair* AHhhh!! lol

SamusAran86

Registered Member
blackstorm said:
Did you guys hear about the ones that are happening at Mt. Saint Helens. Man, if that mountains goes off like it did so many years ago, there won't be anything left if it.
Didnt you see my other topic I started today? It covers Mt. St. Helens

jesus, what the hell is going on... there have been to 5.0 quakes in Cali in the last 3 days...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsUS/

just look at the 2 big blue squares... never the less the rest of the red (last hour) blue (last day) yellow (last week)

hell that map would be completly outrageous if the tracking was happening in Washington State where Helens is located (quakes 3-4 per hour)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That is a lot of quakes. Many of those quakes are moderate quakes (5.0). Wonder if this is the precursor to the big one?

RarePD

Registered Member
Actually, it was a 6.0

That's not that small of a quake but for some reason damage was minimal.