• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Calculate Your Body Mass Index

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never had my BMI calculated before and I was wondering what it was, not that I ever thought about it much. I used their calculator and I was surprised to find my BMI is 22.2. I thought it would be higher, I sure feel fatter than that.

I know they say you should know what it is although I don't know how much you can go by this to determine how likely you are to develop health issues or how fat you really are. I think its more important what your waste size is.

I was wondering if you knew what your BMI was? Do you think this is a good indicator of health issues or how fat you are? Do you even worry about it or care?

Thought maybe other GFers would like to know what theirs is too so here's the link to the calculator.

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
BMI is shit. It's been proven to be basically useless when calculating weight. My Mum teaches nursing and they actually had to remove teaching BMI from the curriculum since it's basically useless. Since it doesn't take into account how much muscle etc weighs.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't worry about it. My own doctor tells me not to go by it. If I went by that, I need to lose 30 more pounds, while my doctor thinks I only need to lose 10.

That being said, I think I'm going to go for the 30 more (I've lost 24 so far). lol

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I don't believe in it, it wasn't taught in my health class because it's utter shit. Mine says 23.1 which on the legend is apparently normal weight.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to that stupid thing I am overweight haha

If you knew me, you'd know that I am really skinny and couldn't be overweight. Its actually kinda funny.

But yeah, I agree with those who said BMI was crap.

dDave

V.I.P.
Percent body fat is the test that you really want to take (takes into account tons of different measurements) I know that I'm sitting somewhere in the 6-7% range for that which is pretty low.

I'll calculate my BMI even though it really is a useless measurement. It's coming back as 21.8 which isn't all that inaccurate but the measurements the test takes just are not enough to properly assess.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
23.5 to 24.3.

Kay. I don't really trust or like tests like this, let alone most whatever tests in the first place. They end up being wonky most of the time.

Rapier

V.I.P.
I Categories:
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
6' 137lb. is BMI 18.6 and not underweight. That stupidity makes the whole thing nonsense.

6' 185lb. is BMI 25.1 and is said to be overweight..

What they say is normal weight is more like death warmed over.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
BMI is nonsense because it says that I would be normal weight but I am not even close to normal weight way below and it doesn't factor in muscle weighing more than fat