Cake. Is. Gross.

This thread has a question: do you all normally go for cake when it's yours or somebody else's birthday? Or, do you think outside the box and get something like brownies, donuts, pie, ect...?

I find cake to be gross and too moist. That's why when my birthday comes up I usually ask for donuts. It taste great and you don't need 50 candles to stick in the cake - just one for the donut. It's much better than the traditional cake. ^.^;

I would also like to try brownies one day... Maybe in the future. :eek:

You?

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I prefer to think outside the box. I did puff pastry cups with a custard like filling topped with raspberries one year, Strawberry shortcake (made with angel food cake) is always a favorite of mine. This year, I guess I technically did root beer floats, but I'll make that up when we make it to a restaurant sans children in a week or two. I've also done a frozen cranberry pistachio pie before. It was also quite tasty.

Edit: I'm over doing the cooking when it's my bday though, so unless I simply pick up an angel food cake and some strawberries that take no effort, I'll let whatever restaurant I'm at make the dessert.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm not your friend anymore Vilk. How dare you insult the beauty that is cake? I loveeeeee cake. I am not to keen on icing but I like the sponge base and the chocolate/jam/cream - whatever it includes!

I'd prefer no sweets, especially cake.:urp:

Pop a few candles into a nice ribeye and I'm good!:)

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
In the past when it was my b-day and my mom wanted to cook or make something I would ask for anything but cake.

So growing up I had cookie cakes, and icecream cake. I think cake is alright depending on the type. I still prefer icecream cake over anything.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I still like birthday cakes no matter how much insult it gets from vilky. :lol:

Btw, you don't need to stick 50 candles anymore V, they sell a single candle for numbers nowadays. LOL

I'm not your friend anymore Vilk. How dare you insult the beauty that is cake? I loveeeeee cake. I am not to keen on icing but I like the sponge base and the chocolate/jam/cream - whatever it includes!
I guess vilky has to look for another person to be with on his deserted island. :D

Vegito728

Registered Member
You've never had of ice cream cake Bliss? It's delicious.

On topic now. My 2 favorite kinds of cake are Chocolate and Red Velvet. I used to have cake all the time when I was younger but I very rarely eat it anymore. I'll take brownies over cake anyday though.

Last edited: