C++ Program

Discussion in 'Computers' started by myGUNgoesPewPew, May 11, 2008.

1. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

anybody know where i can get a free program that lets me program in C++?

Ive been wanting to learn how make things in C++ for a long time but i cant find any programs that let me do it.

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Notepad++. It's a free text-editing program like the standard Windows Notepad. It has support for syntax highlighting and syntax folding for a number of languages, including PHP, Java, Perl, Python, and C++.

Compiling on the other hand, haven't the faintest idea.

3. myGUNgoesPewPew

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

No problem, but be aware that this will only allow you to create and edit the source code. You'll need a compiler in order to use the code.

That being said, it's better than nothing, and should last you until you find something that fits your needs.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

6. myGUNgoesPewPew

awesome! i also just downloaded Windows Visual Basic and C++ express...

are those any good?

7. fleinn

fleinn 101010

Go for Dev-C++ instead
    Bloodshed Software - Dev-C++

Includes a compiler, has a simple project manager, highlighting, intelligent tabs, multiple tab browsing, function completion, etc. Basically has most the expensive and heavy IDEs have, but won't stop your computer from running smoothly.

Not that I wouldn't recommend you'd head over to Sun and download a java IDE instead, of course, and that you'd learn to program java first. ;)

Seriously, though - to understand pointers and objects, java is extremely much more simple. Afterwards - the syntax is similar (even if the abstract classes and interfaces behave differently), and you can expand easily to C++. Also, learning to program with Visual C is not really a good idea. It might be tempting since you get a bit for free. But in the end, you'll be a much better programmer if you learn things from the bottom first. ..When you get to use your class- collection in a program for the first time, you'll appreciate that.

8. Stonebow

Stonebow Registered Member

Another good program you could try out is code:blocks Have used it myself and had no problems with it..... google and ye shall find...:)

9. tomdelonge

tomdelonge New Member

i'd agree with him. i used this software and it worked great for me. i never had any problems and it got me through an entire course of c++:)